Is there any charge cycle counter located in the BlackBerry OS that can tell me how many charge cycles the battery has on it, to use as a gauge for battery replacement? I know that my MacBook Pro, iPod, DSLR batteries all have ways to check on the number of charge cycles since the battery's chip keeps track of it. Is there any way to check this on the BlackBerry Pearl 8100?
    11-16-08 02:14 AM
    There is nothing like this on the BlackBerry. The battery should withstand 1000 full charge cycles before it needs replacing and when that happens, it will be very apparent.
    11-16-08 05:58 AM
    Welcome to CB flash!

I recommend (and carry myself) a spare battery. If your primary battery stops working you have a spare ready to go. You can order one through the crackberry.com online store. I've ordered a few things and have always had excellent service.

Enjoy the addiction
    11-16-08 07:43 AM
    Bummer... Thanks for the help though. Reason I was asking is that I have several batteries, and just purchased a new battery from the crackberry.com online store, and its getting about the same run time as my original 2 year old CM-2 battery under identical conditions, and wanted to see if there was any additional checking I could do on the battery before sending it back for an exchange. Any ideas?

Since I bluetooth tether with my MacBook Pro/BlackBerry to transmit large image files from the field on deadline, having the most battery life possible is crucial, because a battery dying 98% trough the FTP or API-transer a 2-3mb upload over an EDGE connection would not be good...
    11-16-08 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD