i read some threads about changing the striped color on the inbox, but after following their instructions, i couldn't make the change. people suggested going through options -> security options -> general settings and there should be something about message background in there but there isn't... did they change this with the 4.5 os upgrade?
    01-28-09 10:06 PM
    Look in the same area Security settings -> General settings -> Message outline colours.

You should then be able to select a color you want.

Also try going into the mailbox itself, select menu -> options -> general settings -> seperator -> none, stripes, or lines.

Hope this helps

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 01-28-09 at 10:51 PM.
    01-28-09 10:47 PM
    the message outline colors section isn't there on my phone... is it just my phone?
    01-28-09 10:58 PM
    the message outline colors section isn't there on my phone... is it just my phone?

when you goto Security-> General -> do you see the following:

Password
    number of attempts
    security timeout
    prompt on application install
    Content compression
    Content protection
    strength
    include address book

Select the none and a list of colors will open up: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.

select what color you want.

Then when you open an email pertaining to your selection it will be out lined in that particular color... pretty cool actually.

msblueline
    01-28-09 11:12 PM
    thanks for the detailed outline but unfortunately it stops at "include address book". nothing about message outline colors. below the address book bit says services: "BBFS1 [gtalkna1](AES)

did verizon block it out?
    01-28-09 11:25 PM
    that's odd
    just wondering if that feature appears only if it is on BES
    01-28-09 11:30 PM
    Its okay. I don't have that either. I have a T-Mobile Pearl 8120 with 4.3.

Anyone know where to find it on my pearl? Bc I'd love to fix it on my phone to be pretty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 11:32 PM
    thanks for the detailed outline but unfortunately it stops at "include address book". nothing about message outline colors. below the address book bit says services: "BBFS1 [gtalkna1](AES)

did verizon block it out?
    Of all things to block, why would that be blocked...

I do have a BES, so... maybe, I don't know...

That would actually be a question for Blackberry, not Verizon, I think.

msblueline
    01-28-09 11:32 PM
    thanks for the help msblueline, i'm gonna bet it's verizon that disabled it
    01-28-09 11:53 PM
    I use TMobile but I've upgraded my OS to 4.5 and in my Security Options - General Settings after address book it has services and then just stops so I don't have that option either. I wonder if it's some other setting that you enable that brings up those extra options. Weird.
    01-29-09 12:50 AM
    i have a gut feel that this feature appears only when BES is activated.

the idea is to allow easy identification of Enterprise and personal messages.
    01-29-09 01:24 AM
    OK, this is crazy.

I changed devices... again. I (originally, long time ago) had the Curve with AT&T. I then went to the Pearl with Cellular South (Oct or Nov 2008). I now changed back to the Curve with Cellular South (today, Mar 2009).

When I had the Pearl, the colors in the above mentioned thread were nothing but a background color. It actually looked pretty cool.

Now I have the Curve (again) there is no Back ground color. What there is, is this god awful stripes through the whole email... very anoying.

I went through my instructions as stated:

Menu -> Options -> Security Options -> General Settings

I scroll down about half way until I get to "Message Background Colours."

Everything is selected as "none".

How can I have these horrible lines through the email (making it almost impossible to read).

I guess, when I switched devices all the settings came with it.

BUT,

I performed a wipe on the Blackberry Pearl to delete the BES server settings off of it so I could add the BES to my Blackbery Curve.

I did not change any of the settings prior to the wipe. (I don't see how that could make a difference, a wipe clears everything out.)

All the settings are set to "none", yet I still have the colours in the email.

Is there a setting that I missed.

msblueline
    03-03-09 02:26 PM
    thanks for the help msblueline, i'm gonna bet it's verizon that disabled it
    Nope. I have At&t and I don't have the option to change colors either. In security--options I do not have the option of separator. I do have it in messages--options--general settings, but no colors come up when I select NONE.
    03-03-09 11:39 PM
    These settings only apply to BES.
    03-04-09 07:39 AM
    I don't have those options to change the colours either mine stop at services so it isn't just you redsoxrocker. I am on Orange UK pay monthly. So maybe your service provider didn't disable it. I am guessing it probably is something to do with the OS upgrade to 4.5 as this is what I am using. If you do come up with a solution please let me know as I would also like to change the colour of my stripes Thanks, FobBerry
    03-04-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD