Some background:

- I have had my BB for 6 months now and have been using BIS and Gmail.
    - So I have a Gmail icon (the one BB puts for your BIS account, not the actual app) on my desktop.
    - Recently I have added BES capability and a work email address.
    - I also downloaded getempower.com's BES Mailbox so I can have a BES Mailbox specific icon on my desktop.
    - When I open my BIS email and choose to compose an email it automatically populates the from field with 'jasonkates' Gmail.'
    - When I open my BES email and choose to compose an email it doesn't automatically populate the from field with 'Desktop' (BES email addy) but with [Default] which is my BIS email addy.

Is there a way I can get my [Default] email address to be my new work address and not my personal Gmail account?

HELP!
    05-19-08 05:35 PM
    I havent used it but i think maybe the BBReply app may do what you want.
    05-19-08 05:38 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Message Services > highlight and select the email address and change it to the address you want as the default.

When you send email to a particular contact, your email address will default to the last account used to send previous emails to that contact.
    05-19-08 05:45 PM
    Yeah, I can actually go up and change who it's from no problem.

My issue is that [Default] is set to Gmail and I want it set to Work.
    05-19-08 05:49 PM
    Messages Inbox>Menu Key>Options>Email Settings>Change Message Services to the email you want to default to.
    05-19-08 08:26 PM
    isnt THERE AWAY TO MAKE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS TOO I HAVE TRYED TO FIGURE IT OUT AND GET FIND HOW TO DO IT
    05-19-08 08:34 PM
    Messages Inbox>Menu Key>Options>Email Settings>Change Message Services to the email you want to default to.
    Tried that. Didn't work.

I'm hoping that what someone else posted will work - That when I start sending to people from the address I prefer that it will start defaulting to that.

Nonetheless, the actual "[Default]" email remains my Gmail.
    05-19-08 08:41 PM
    I believe what you're talking about is changing the "Default Services". It's found at Options/Advanced Options/Default Services. Just click on the email address and a window will pop up allowing you to choose which email is the default.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 12:33 AM
    I'm having this same issue with version 4.3 of the software.

No matter what I set it to, it still tries to use the first default Email that was installed when it received the service books. It DOES make the change in the Default services menu, BUT it won't actually follow through when you send the Email.

I tried deleting all service books as suggested on the BB site. It still sets the first service book as the default. Lets me make the change - but still uses the initial service book as the default when I send a NEW Email. Doesn't happen when replying to messages or Forwarding.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have a fix?
    09-12-08 09:25 PM
    I am having the same issue. I have not been able to change the default email address. I have sent the service books as well as tried all of the other recommendations. Anyone know how this can be changed?
    09-29-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD