Hello all,

I've been told that I'm hijacking someone else's thread even though I'm continuing an on-topic discussion. In any case, apologies for another 911 thread but this one is different. There have been a number of threads posted all around regarding the emergency call option when a blackberry is locked and password protected. Seeing as there is no way of disabling this required featured, I thought a better course of action would be to to find a way to change the emergency number that is programmed into the phone. Does anyone think that the programming could be changed so that instead of the phone's emergency number being 911, have it be * or # or whatever sequence of numbers. This way, RIM has done what they needed to do which is providing the phone with an emergency option. I don't believe there would be any issue with changing that option once I own the phone. For example, if I want to disable my airbags in my car, I can do so. The factory wont do this for me before I purchase the car but once I own the car, I'm free to do as I please. I might have to go under a different insurance category but that's besides the point. Actually, someone just told me that it is against the law to alter the emergency number and they're trying to find the info.

Please, don't tell me to use a case or to use the standby feature as people have already done. That doesn't address the question posed.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by phylez; 01-06-09 at 10:41 PM.
    01-06-09 10:32 PM
    Well, I would like to know how the moderator thought you, or anyone else "high jacked" the thread, I would think it could only be "high jacked" if the OP had a complaint about what was posted, and complained, which I did not see. Maybe the term, abuse of powers comes to mind, and I now feel high jacked by that jack *&*%
    01-06-09 11:22 PM
    Well, I would like to know how the moderator thought you, or anyone else "high jacked" the thread, I would think it could only be "high jacked" if the OP had a complaint about what was posted, and complained, which I did not see. Maybe the term, abuse of powers comes to mind, and I now feel high jacked by that jack *&*%
    Haha. Considering what we were posting was in noway -by any stretch of the imagination- hijacking, I don't think it was a good call. Then again, maybe Princeton's definition of hijacking isn't recognized by CB. But in fairness, he didn't close the thread.

Keep this thread on topic, dont hi-jack someone elses thread, and quit the fighting, or it will be closed. Thanks.
    01-06-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD