i just bought a 8100 housing, and i want to install it. I got a tool with it also and to carry it to a dealer to change it for me will be 2 expensive, so i am planning to do it myself. its the 1st time i am pulling it apart, are there any pointers, demo tapes, instructions or anything i should kno or see that would make me changing the housing smooth and easy,and that i wont mash up my phone, i love it too much
    03-18-09 06:57 AM
    Here's a video link on youtube for it. If this is a new device doing this will void your warranty so beware!

03-18-09 07:06 AM
    hey thanks a lot man, it looks easy, although my warranty is up already, i will be very careful
    03-18-09 07:21 AM
    Yeah its actually too easy to take it apart! When I primarily used mine, I was constantly changing my housings. After a couple times, you could do it with your eyes closed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:40 AM
    AHHA B VERY polite to the screws..

i forced my screws in.

its permanatly sCrewED in .

danm chinese products....

chinese . . .

prod ... suckts...
    03-18-09 11:06 AM
    especially if you got it from Chinga.
    03-18-09 11:06 AM
    Someone doesn't like China products!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 11:14 AM
    Hey I Did It :d, And It Was A Success, Thanks All
    03-18-09 09:54 PM
    congrats !

must be beautiful to look at
    03-18-09 11:47 PM
    yep it is, cant stop looking at it............lol. on the other hand my friend wasnt so lucky. he watched me change my housing and wanted to do his by himself. however when he is tru switching it and all, he now realizes that he can hear persons talking to him, but they cant hear him. When i pulled it at the bottom where the u take off the pce there, right there it looks like there is a circuit strip of the sort, that has been scratched and torn a bit. I was wonder if that circuit strip has something to do with ppl not hearing him, and if it is can it be replaced or fixed?
    03-19-09 01:53 PM
    THANKS!! very helpful.
    03-20-09 03:29 PM
    Hey I look at the phone more, and he did not put in the speaker. So I fixed it foe him and now he is good for the go. Right now I am a pro to this stuff.............lol
    03-21-09 12:28 AM
    see thats it your done man..your addicted brother ...you just made luv to da blackberry. its great ....it truly is..hhmmmmmm
    05-20-09 09:22 PM
    nicee what color you choose? i have a black i might buy an all white one, by the way can you pm where you purchased your housing unit from im thinking about doing that same...
    thanks
    05-22-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD