I'd like to change my home page away from the vendors page and put google there instead.

Is this hard to do?

Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this or point me to the correct resource for an 8100.

Thanks - Pete
    03-19-08 03:55 PM
    BB Browser > Options > Browser Config....
    03-19-08 04:01 PM
    T-Mobile in Europe (at least) do not allow you to change your "Home Page Address". Well, you can actually change the address to what you like... BUT, once you sav the settings and go back and look again you'll see its been replaced by their Homepage.

Unfortunately, on the 8100 I do not think you can even set it to just open the "Bookmarks Page" (as I have set it on my 8800).

Would be curious IF there really is a workaround for the 8100's.
    03-19-08 04:48 PM
    As a followup to this question about changing the home page, I changed the home page on my Verizon 8130 from the Verizon ("VZW Homepage") one to Yahoo, and now I can't access the original Verizon homepage, nor can I pull up the "www.verizonwireless.com" page at all ... keep getting a message of "A problem occurred while trying to render the page" ... anybody got any ideas on what this is about? (Otherwise, I'm having absolutely no problems with my Pearl.) Any help is appreciated ...
    03-19-08 05:07 PM
    My homepage can't be changed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 05:17 PM
    The Verizon default homepage is http://mobile.blackberry.com/ and if you enter it in the BB browser it doesn't come up? I never changed my home page and that is the URL my 8130 is set to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 05:23 PM
    Thank you all and especially Sunkast because I did what you said and..... it worked first time.

Cheers - Pete
    03-19-08 05:25 PM
    Hi. I also tried to change the home page in the browser config. I scrolled down to the home page and when you try to delete any of the address (I have T Mobile and it's set to T Zones) it won't delete. I went back to the top of the page in Browser and thought maybe you had to type it in there where it said Tzone (I think) and I typed "W" to start an address and it changed the page to a WiFi browser setting (again, I think) and it let me type in Yahoo. But my browser still directs to T Zone. I hate T Zone. Anything you type into the search comes back as a can't find. In a way I wish I would have bought a phone with Windows Mobile on it instead and that's only after a week of having the BB. Any help?
    03-31-08 08:57 AM
    Hi. I also tried to change the home page in the browser config. I scrolled down to the home page and when you try to delete any of the address (I have T Mobile and it's set to T Zones) it won't delete. I went back to the top of the page in Browser and thought maybe you had to type it in there where it said Tzone (I think) and I typed "W" to start an address and it changed the page to a WiFi browser setting (again, I think) and it let me type in Yahoo. But my browser still directs to T Zone. I hate T Zone. Anything you type into the search comes back as a can't find. In a way I wish I would have bought a phone with Windows Mobile on it instead and that's only after a week of having the BB. Any help?
    Go to Options-> General properties -> Default Browser = Internet Browser (instead of t-zone).

then back to browser options -> Browser configuration -> browser field = internet browser -> Home page address = whatever you want.

Even after I did this, when I open a browser, it would take me only to bookmarks folder. Maybe someone will have better luck.
    Last edited by zyndurai; 03-31-08 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add informatin
    03-31-08 12:45 PM
    I installed OperaMini and that made my whole web experience much better. Of course, now my homepage is fixed but I know his and just go straight to Google.
    03-31-08 06:18 PM
    The way I changed my homepage: in your browser, go to the webpage that you would like to be your homepage. Hit the blackberry button, then options, then browser configuration, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click use current.

Worked for me!
    01-11-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD