I don't remember how I changed the alarm notification sound for the NEW ALARM feature in the calendar. It's not the regular alarm notification sound that you can change in the profiles (easy). This NEW ALARM doesn't act like a regular calendar appointment. It has no snooze feature and you can't search on them, but on the plus side, as long as no calendar appointment entry notification sound comes along within 60 minutes of a NEW ALARM alert, the NEW ALARM sound will play for one full hour!

Trouble is that the original sound I assigned to the NEW ALARM is too strident. I need to be reminded in this manner, yes (the full hour), but need to change the ringtone to something less "alarming", as it were <g>. But for the life of me, I can't find where I changed this originally. I know I did it because I found a sound similar to my old phone's and transferred that to my Pearl and then set that sound which then worked in the NEW ALARM alerts. I've searched and searched online and I searched for all "alarm" references in the Pearl 8230 PDF manual I have but nothing comes up. And I stupidly forgot to make note of the means to do this. I have found no mention anywhere on the web so far on how to do this, either.

Anyone know where to change the sound notification for this feature?

Thanks!

p.s., Again, not to be confused with the calendar's NEW appointment alert. Two very different things, the NEW and NEW ALARM under the menu button in the calendar.
    10-09-10 07:20 AM
    Menu->New Alarm sets an alarm in the Clock application. Tricky, I know. Go into the Clock app and use Menu->Options to change the alarm clock tone.

Thanks for the heads-up about appointment reminders conflicting with the alarm clock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 06:00 PM
    Menu->New Alarm sets an alarm in the Clock application. Tricky, I know. Go into the Clock app and use Menu->Options to change the alarm clock tone.

Thanks for the heads-up about appointment reminders conflicting with the alarm clock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ahh, that's why when you search on it, despite being in the calendar, those special NEW ALARM reminders don't show up. Though they appear in the Calendar, they must actually be tied in to the clock so you're out of luck if you forget where you put a future NEW ALARM! I've had to manually scroll through AGENCY view looking for where I put the NEW ALARM if I need to change it but forgot where exactly it is! Good to know.

Yes, if you have a regular NEW alert come up say at 10:01 a.m. but put a NEW ALARM alert in at 10:00 a.m., the sound for the regular alarm comes up at 10:01 a.m. and the 1 hour alert of the NEW ALARM one is shut off. Since the NEW ALARM reminders are usually few and far between, I just endeavour to remember to make sure in the screen to push forward any regular reminders that come within one hour after the NEW ALARM one. I just open the regular ones and set them to within 1 minute _before_ the NEW ALARM one. When I come back to the phone, those reminders are there ready to pop up anyway, yet the urgent one doesn't get shut off.

Cheers and thanks.
    Last edited by Tristan Raghnall; 10-12-10 at 06:33 AM.
    10-12-10 06:31 AM
    Good news, though I'm not a fan of the Pearl Flip because it's a Pearl but because it's a Flip _with_ the power of the BB, I was pleased to hear that the new BB Style has come out. It acts like a Flip but has a regular BB keypad (BIG plus) _and_ apparently has custom sound capability in the calendar unlike my Pearl's OS. The higher OS' have this but my Pearl isn't supported.

My contract is too new for this phone for me to upgrade without paying heavily for it so I'll wait as long as I can but the customized sounds in the calendar are what I need. Great so that I hear the music for repeating alarms and now what it's for without having to grab for the phone each time.

Thought I'd pass it along. Next time I'm in a mall I'm going to try one of these Style's out. But if it does do what I hope, I'll be getting that one some months down the road.

12-17-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD