Just a warning for you lot, dont put too much pressure on the screen, as it breaks the LCD. I now cant see the bottom half of the screen after falling on my pearl. The actual phone case doesnt have a mark on it, but the screen undernearth is done for.

had to buy an old 8700 to replace it
    11-11-08 09:20 AM
    Just a warning for you lot, dont put too much pressure on the screen, as it breaks the LCD. I now cant see the bottom half of the screen after falling on my pearl. The actual phone case doesnt have a mark on it, but the screen undernearth is done for.

Why did you have to buy an 8700 to replace it? You could've bought a replacement LCD screen and even if you didn't know how to install it yourself, you could've taken it to a mom and pop type cellular phone store, to have them install it for you.

Replacement LCD:
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100/8110/8120/8130 OEM LCD screen- Accessories Store, Dopod/O2, Samsung, LG, Mobiado, Motorola, Acer, Nokia, Apple,

I have an 8700 issued to me by my workplace, and an 8120 for my personal phone, and I would not want to use the 8700 as my sole phone. No wifi, and it is huge.
    11-11-08 10:01 AM
    My friend had the screen on his 8100 replaced. He did it himself, but I think it's pretty tricky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 11:53 AM

maybe dumb question, but why were you putting so much pressure on the screen? Testing "how much pressure can I put on this delicate LCD screen before it breaksOOOOOOOOOOOOPS?"
    11-11-08 03:21 PM

ummm...is this not obvious?

did you expect people to be randomly sittin right on their BBs all willy nilly and NOT expecting it to damage the screen....?
    11-11-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD