1. How do I lock caps or numbers so I can type a whole line without holding down the cap or number key?

2. I have some pics on my phone that I took before I purchased a memory card. My new pics go to the card... how do I get my old pics moved from the phone to the card?

Thanks.
    12-28-07 08:25 AM
    1.) ALT+ left caps key= # Lock
    Alt+ Right Caps Key= CAPS LOCK

2.) For the life of me cant remember how I did this!
    12-28-07 08:33 AM
    The Pearls have only one Shift key:
    Num lock = hold Shift key, tap ALT key
    to reset tap ALT key

Haven't found Caps lock yet
    Anyone?
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 12-28-07 at 09:03 AM.
    12-28-07 09:00 AM
    Caps lock on pearl- When typing a message hold down the right shift key (the one that you press for a cap letter) then while holding that down press the green phone key (key you use to make a call) this will open up the dialer/phone log but Caps WILL BE locked!! only thing is to get back to your message you have to escape from the phone dialer. hold down the shift key to cancel caps lock.
    12-28-07 09:15 AM
    I have a similar question regarding pics. My pics for contacts transferred from my Treo to Outlook to the Pearl (which I was surprised that all of that did that on its own).
    Where are contacts pics stored? Should I delete them and retake the pics so that are stored on the card?
    12-28-07 09:20 AM
    to move the pics around.

access the camera. menu/view pics/select pic/menu/move/explore

this should open up folders. I named my Sd card so their is no confusion where I am putting it. This may not be the exact path, but its really close
    12-28-07 09:26 AM
    Good question. I always wondered about the caps key myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 09:32 AM
    Caps lock on pearl- When typing a message hold down the right shift key (the one that you press for a cap letter) then while holding that down press the green phone key (key you use to make a call) this will open up the dialer/phone log but Caps WILL BE locked!! only thing is to get back to your message you have to escape from the phone dialer. hold down the shift key to cancel caps lock.
    Oh gosh, now how un-intuitive is that??!! Wouldn't have found that one.
    12-28-07 09:33 AM
    Yeah, that is dumb but it does work. The num lock is easier.

I just emailed the pics to myself and then I can save them to the memory card (or my pics folders on my desktop). Kinda dumb too but easier than trying to figure this out.
    12-28-07 12:38 PM
    An easier way, imo, to get caps is to hold the letter key until it turns to a cap. This isn't that long of a pause, again, imo.
    12-29-07 05:06 AM
    Yeah, even tho its a slight delay, in most cases I'd opt to use the hold letter key method unless for whatever reason I needed multiple words or an entire sentence in caps.
    12-29-07 07:52 AM
    I have the 8130 and that short6cut doesn't work for me (the shift and call button) anyone with an 8130 get this to work? I have tried everything to get caps lock on but can't do it...

-db
    12-29-07 08:34 AM
    I have the 8130 and that short6cut doesn't work for me (the shift and call button) anyone with an 8130 get this to work? I have tried everything to get caps lock on but can't do it...

-db
    yep. worked just fine on me pearl.
    01-01-08 06:44 PM
    wow...

I had to mess around with it a few times but i did get it to work...

holding shift and then going into the call log and then backing out of it by using menu close...???

ridiculous.

-db
    01-01-08 06:58 PM
    Agreed!.. very surprised there is not a 'normal' shortcut for CAPS lock.
    01-01-08 07:04 PM
    I think the answer is to hold down the key for half a second and it turns to caps. I did not know that and it is a very usable solution. Thanks to the guys above for that tip.
    01-02-08 07:58 AM
    Outlook stored the pictures when you transferred them from your Treo. Now they are part of the address book but will not appear on the SD card or in your phones memory.
    01-02-08 03:31 PM
    Well I deleted them last night anyway just to be on the safe side...
    01-02-08 03:55 PM
    There is no caps key on the pearl 8130 Just hold down the key your typing
    03-12-08 07:41 PM
    there is a key combination...see earlier posts...

post #4...

-db
    03-12-08 07:55 PM
    Does anyone know how I make the media card the default place for my pics to be stored? I keep getting all my emails and call logs deleted because the pics are being saved on my phone itself apparently and not the media card and they take up too much space. Or can i move them en-masse? Or do i have to go one by one? Any ideas?

Thanks
    05-11-08 07:55 PM
    Does anyone know how I make the media card the default place for my pics to be stored?
    Camera>Options>Store Pictures: On Media Card
    05-12-08 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD