Hi,

I've been able to add contacts and respond so that it shows up on their device, however, their responses either don't show up at all, or show up in my SMS/Email inbox. When it shows up there, I can only see a fraction of their message in the subject, and when I click into it, it still does not show me the message, but instead opens up the messenger log where it should be (but isn't!) Because of this, I have a permanent smiley face indicating that I have a BB message on my screen which I can only get rid of by marking it as read.

I did get it working for a short time yesterday after I deleted and re-added a contact, but then it went back to sending them to the email/sms inbox. Any ideas what's wrong with it?

Thanks!

Last edited by Berryaholic; 06-06-08 at 12:55 AM.
    06-05-08 10:51 PM
    Hmm.... very weird indeed. Have you tried a battery pull? (With your device on, remove the battery for about 10 seconds then replace the battery.)

Welcome to Crackberry Jessica!! (Great screen name, by the way!!)

If the battery pull does not work come back here and let us know. We'll keep trying suggestions until we find one that works!

(Have you gone through the Memory Optimization thread? The process outlined there is the best thing you can do for your blackberry!!! You can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-05-08 11:01 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely try that. I'm assuming that pulling the battery out while the device is on does not do any harm to the system, correct? I hope it works, because the BB messenger seems like a handy application.

I'll keep you posted.
    06-06-08 12:57 AM
    had the same issue w/ my pearl. pulling the battery (which frees up file free memory) works everytime for me.
    06-06-08 06:57 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely try that. I'm assuming that pulling the battery out while the device is on does not do any harm to the system, correct? I hope it works, because the BB messenger seems like a handy application.

I'll keep you posted.
    It doesnt do any harm to the device at all.
    06-06-08 06:59 AM
    So am I going to have to pull the battery each time I want to view a message sent with Blackberry Messenger?
    06-07-08 10:07 PM
    NO! maybe every once in a while... it seems like the motto for the blackberry should be "When in doubt, pull the battery out!"
    06-07-08 10:16 PM
    Well, Sensesfail, it's mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD