Hi, I purchased my girlfriend a pearl for Christmas and in the begining everything worked fine, however recently and not always, she can't receive a 2-6 page sms. I have a Curve and when I send her a large sms, it doesn't always arrive and I hate having to cut down on my words inorder to fit it on one page. I work for t-mobile and streamline'd the troubleshoot. She had the latest version of the software, I got her a 1 gig memory card, she doesn't have any apps loaded on there. She pretty much just uses the phone to view pics, make calls, and send texts.

Anyone expierence this issue or has an idea how to fix this dilemma? I will do a hard reset on the device probably this week, but thats always something that I can do, I rather find a fix then hard reset it whenever this issue occurs. Thanks

-Paul

*EDIT* Sometimes she doesn't receive MMS. Nothing comes at all. Other times a second later.
    03-17-08 12:14 PM
    I have a feeling that this could be due to t-mobile's handling of SMS and MMS. There have been times where I have been unable to retrieve an MMS pic for no reason at all. So it wouldn't surprise me if the fault lied with the delivery of the message to her phone from the network.
    03-17-08 12:23 PM
    We both have T-Mobile, I am connect to UMA 90% of the time and receive her's all the time. She is always able to reteive a MMS, but sometimes like last night I sent her a pic and she never got it, there was never a notification of a MMS. (it never appeared in the messages) I have two other buddies who also have the pearls, and none of them expierenced this either.
    03-17-08 01:40 PM
    So then it could be because you are using UMA?
    03-17-08 01:51 PM
    But my other two buddies using T-Mobile's pearls receive my two page text with no problems what so ever.
    03-17-08 02:09 PM
    And sometimes if I am driving I can still receive longer texts, it just says (Receiving data or text) I dont remeber but I still get them.
    03-17-08 02:10 PM
    It could have something to do with the OS on your phone. 8130's run a newer OS than what is on the 8320.
    03-17-08 02:22 PM
    She has the 8100 with version 4.2.1.107 and I am running 4.2.2.180... I don't see how that may interfere since another phone ie. sanyo or sony can send her texts. I would think they are universal for the sms part.
    03-17-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD