Hi! I have the Blackberry Pearl 8110 (it's an AT&T phone but unlocked b/c I have T-Mobile).

I just got it, but several times I have had trouble with hearing people talk. I should have said in the title- there is sound, but it is muffled and unintelligible more often than not.

It *does* sound a little better when it's on Speaker, but I can't do that very often (and I shouldn't have to!)

I did a bunch of searching and found people with similar problems, but no solutions.

Any ideas on how to fix??

Also, is it true you can't send or receive pic. messages w/ out having some sort of data plan?

Thanks!!
    04-16-09 07:08 PM
    Try downloading the most current o.s. From your carrier n then transfer to phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:09 PM
    I'll try this, thanks!
    04-18-09 02:51 PM
    Hi! I have the Blackberry Pearl 8110 (it's an AT&T phone but unlocked b/c I have T-Mobile).

I just got it, but several times I have had trouble with hearing people talk. I should have said in the title- there is sound, but it is muffled and unintelligible more often than not.
    A battery pull should fix this issue. Remove the back cover, take out the battery, then put it back in. You will not lose any saved data so it's okay to do. Bear in mind that you will not be able to use your phone for approximately 2 minutes while it is booting back up so don't do it if you need to make a call out right then.

Also, is it true you can't send or receive pic. messages w/ out having some sort of data plan?
    With a Blackberry you are required to have a data plan,I believe. I don't have TMobile so I can't say for certain. But in any case, yes, if you have the ability to block "data" with your plan, you will probably be blocking picture messages as well. If you have the option for a pay-as-you-go plan, and T-mobile separates data charges from picture messaging charges, then you will be able to send pictures.
    04-18-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD