Ok, I'm having problems with my Pearl!!!! When I make/receive calls I can not hear anything, I can�t hear it ring or anyone talking.... WTH?????? This is what I have done to try and fix the problem � I shut the phone down both hard/soft and I deleted applications and it didn�t help. Does anyone know why this is happing? This is the second device I have had problems with.... Don't get me wrong I love the features but dang!

I have also notice today that my battery life is lasting as long and I had one of the issues where it deletes my call log/txt messages.... I don't know if maybe they are related some how.
    Last edited by DiDi220; 09-12-08 at 11:13 PM.
    09-12-08 11:00 PM
    I suspect you are experiencing a known problem.

Certain types of non-BlackBerry audio files, when interrupted, fail to release the speaker.

The quick fix is to activate Voice Activated Dialing, that will free up the speaker and let you continue your call.

In future, when you play back audio clips, let them finish.

The beta testers have noted this issue has been corrected in the later OS version.
    09-13-08 11:13 AM
    Also, do a battery pull, that will reset everything
    09-13-08 11:15 AM
    I seem to be having this problem with my Curve also. I can send/receive texts, emails, bb messenger convo's, etc. But once in a while when I make or receive a call I can be heard by the other party but I can't hear them, no dial tones or "ringer" when calling; sort of a "reverse mute", shutting down incoming audio but allowing outgoing.

The only solution for me has been a battery pull. That, however can be a pain in the @$$ when you're in a hurry. 2+ minutes for full reboot, including shutdown time, can seem like an eternity if you're trying to make an important call.

There must be a better solution to this problem. I know this thing can do a lot but it's PRIMARY function is still a phone! It should be able to do that flawlessly, everything else is just "gravy".

I hope one of the great "BB Guru's" has a solution 'cause this is driving me nuts!
    12-03-08 11:47 PM
    one could also test and see if a bluetooth headset works normally when this happens. if so, it's possible that the ear speaker is dead, or somewhat more likely that the contacts between the speaker and the circuit board are dirty/coroded... the speakers are not soldered in place, rather press-fit
    12-04-08 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD