I just bought a Blackberry 8100. I have a Dell D620 and I want to transfer some ringtones to my Blackberry pearl 8100. But I get the following message when I attempt to transfer the ringtones "Remote device does not support service" I think the problem is with the Blackberry 8100. I can send files but can't get files.

Note: I connected the Blackberry 8100 to my D620. And i was also able to transfer the ringtones from my D620 to my other phone (Motorola Q global". I believe it's the Blackberry 8100. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

10-19-08 12:38 PM
    You should be able to transfer the ringtones no problem. Try a battery pull, make sure your bb is discoverable, possibly try a different bluetooth dongle, update the bluetooth driver in your pc. What os is your bb using?
    What file type is the ringtone you are trying to transfer? I believe it needs to be mp3.

Regards
    Clive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 09:58 PM
    You should be able to transfer the ringtones no problem. Try a battery pull, make sure your bb is discoverable, possibly try a different bluetooth dongle, update the bluetooth driver in your pc. What os is your bb using?
    What file type is the ringtone you are trying to transfer? I believe it needs to be mp3.

Regards
    Clive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My curve is on the newest OS, 4.5

Her pearl is on the stock OS, 4.2

Could the different versions be a reason why I cant transfer mp3 files?
    10-20-08 12:28 AM
    nope
    go into media hit the menu button and click receive using bluetooth
    10-20-08 12:28 AM
    Omg i figured it out. I have to simultaneously hit "send using bluetooth" on my Curve, while the Pearl hits 'receive using bluetooth." Problem solved, thanks guys for the help.
    10-20-08 04:18 AM
    Ok, I made some ringtones for my 8700C and ended up breaking it. So I got a Curve as a replacement. I did the whole Media Manager BS and Was able to get ALL of my contacts and calendare sh!t.

The problem is I only got two out of 12 ringtones. What do I need to do!!!!
    11-24-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD