I am sure this subject has been covered before but i searched and found no help.

I have a few applications loaded on my VZW 8130 that I can not get rid of. I try to remove them via DM 4.6. When I go to remove the check mark the program dims and then the check mark comes right back.

Any help on this? I would wipe and reload but all my backups have these applications on them.
    10-27-08 03:05 PM
    What are the things you want to remove? Some things have to be removed in different manners.
    10-27-08 03:07 PM
    Have you tried deleting from the phone. Options>Advanced Options>Applications. Scroll to item you wish to remove and press menu and then choose delete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 03:07 PM
    Have you tried going to options>advanced options>applications
    10-27-08 03:08 PM
    Thanks Guys. That worked. I never knew you could do that. I thought you could only do it via the DM. Now I know.
    10-27-08 03:13 PM
    No problem

10-27-08 03:15 PM
    I've tried using the applications menu to delete unused apps, but it doesn't list all of the apps. (ie Google talk, alltel shopping, etc. ) I can't get them to come up on my desktop manager either. any suggestions?

10-29-08 09:19 AM
    These are sent to you from Alltel through your service books. You can delete the service book and get rid of them. But they will come back with every resend or battery pull. Just highlight it hit menu and hide.
    10-29-08 09:25 AM
    Thanks! I didn't realize I could hide them, but that doesn't free up space does it? I'm trying to free up space.

10-29-08 09:41 AM
    No it doesn't. But it's only an icon, not an actual installed app. so it's tiny. Don't worry about it.
    10-29-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD