I'm trying to remove the IT Policy on an ebay phone and I did review the threads pertaining to this but...I cannot connect to the Desktop Manager because a "password box" keeps popping up and when I type in the current pswd it doesn't seem to recognize it? I can do this only 10 times and then the damn thing wipes for about 120 minutes.. I'm not a newbie but this thing is killing me. Please enlighten me on the magic bullet.

thanks all.
    08-29-09 02:09 AM
    Here, try using this program to reset your password and IT policy:

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5
    08-29-09 08:36 AM
    Thanks BigBadWulf!! I will keep that program handy. I have to say, it was about 2:00 AM this morning when I posted this thread out of shear exhaustion. I left the BB wiping last night and when I picked it up - instead of entering a password as it was requesting, I plugged it into PC and wala!! It connected. Since it had a 4.2 OS I wasn't successful with CrackUtil but I was able to upgrade the OS to 4.5. After that I used CrackUtil to disable the IT Policy. Now all I have to do is Call ma bell and get an Unlocking code so I can use it on my GSM network.

So I said all that to say this; If you buy a phone on ebay that has an IT Policy pswd lock and you have trouble connecting to Destop Manager, just set it to wipe and when the BB re-boots DO NO ENTER A PASSWORD at the prompt screen. Just leave it like that - you should be able to connect USB to PC without that annoying pop-up Password box coming up on your PC screen. Well anyway, it worked for me. Once that was fixed I can unlock the phone and downgrade my OS back to 4.2. The reason I like 4.2 is when I receive an incoming call - instead of having to press the far right "Green" pickup key - it pops up a screen prompt to "answer or ignore". I love this feature!! One hand operation.

Again, thanks BigBadWulf You are da Man!!(or da Wulf?) well U know...
    08-29-09 08:57 AM
    Your welcome! I had a feeling after you ended up doing a handheld wipe, you were halfway there, but some people don't recognize how close they are at that point. Personally, I'll take the many advances offered by running 4.5 anyday to the one feature you enjoy, but to each his own. What's right is what you like. And in reference to your final line, all I have to say is:

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD