Out of nowhere my phone stopped playing ringtones, wouldn't play media files, and said "cannot play media while alert is active."

What does this mean?
    09-18-09 12:15 AM
    I know it sounds simple and you didn't say what if anything you have tried but a battery pull (while the phone is on) is chicken soup for the blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:30 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I finally found what was the problem; you are getting this message because you left your camara on, either because you were watching your pics or trying to get a picture and didn't close it!

So, go back to you camara and close the application and then try to listen to your media! it should work! it worked for me!

Take Care,

Jessica
    JesssMooo, jusx and MaxiumGrimm like this.
    06-06-10 10:15 PM
    I second the camera idea! Even if you haven't used the camera, open it and turn it off.

I was using the BB media player while my timer was set as I baked some pies. After the timer went off, I kept getting the "cannot play media while alert is active". Even after closing the clock app, it wouldn't play. My camera wasn't open, but I tried it anyway.

I opened my camera and then closed it again. And then voila!
    11-24-10 01:27 PM
    This is crazy. First thing this morning I go to play my music and got this message. My phone resets every night; I hadn't opened anything else. Sure enough...opened the camera and closed it and things work fine again. WTF. hope this isn't a reoccurring thing.
    02-16-11 09:29 AM
    Opening/closing the camera worked for me!
    04-18-11 04:10 PM
    Thanks !! Worked for me too !
    05-26-11 08:59 AM
    I second the camera idea! Even if you haven't used the camera, open it and turn it off.

I was using the BB media player while my timer was set as I baked some pies. After the timer went off, I kept getting the "cannot play media while alert is active". Even after closing the clock app, it wouldn't play. My camera wasn't open, but I tried it anyway.

I opened my camera and then closed it again. And then voila!
    I had the same thing. I tried the camera trick but it didn't work (BB Tour on VZW). I had to go back into the clock, hit menu and actually select close application. That worked for me!
    06-21-11 10:00 AM
    I think this problem is caused by using BlackBerry Messenger with the Barcode Scanner feature. I had the same problem too, and I recall that I used the barcode scanner to install new apps but because the AppWorld is not supported in my country, an error appeared and I had to cancelled the installation. Perhaps this caused that issue.
    Either turn on and off the camera or reboot the phone would work.
    07-20-11 12:29 AM
    Thanks! Saved me from smashing phone...
    01-26-12 12:51 PM
    i have read all your comments but their not working i dont know whatg happened to my blackberry and now everytime i go to listen to somthing it says "cannot play media while Video Camera is open. my camcorder isnt open and i have tried shutting it but it still wont work and even if i get a text messege it wont beep!!!

Pleeeese help me!!!!!
    08-04-13 09:58 AM
    It worked for me as well.I justed turned the camera off. Thanks
    09-22-13 03:42 PM
    and, when I first got my storm 2 9550, I had this problem after a few days I got the new phone, everytime I had this problem, I had to pulled the battery off to fix it, and what was sucks was that I missed a few important calls, and almost got fired by that, and I had call the verizon tech support, and they didn't even know what the problem was, and after that I had to play some music to check if the phone was fine in every few hours every day, after a few months I bought a iphone, and threw the trash phone away. I never thought that was the camera on problem, and I even tried this out with my friend who has a 9550, but it is impossible to have the camera on when that happens, I can't make that problem happens.
    10-07-13 04:16 AM
    thaks all its work for me
    10-28-13 09:36 PM
    I know it sounds simple and you didn't say what if anything you have tried but a battery pull (while the phone is on) is chicken soup for the blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-14 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD