I have the Blackberry Flip 8220 and have tried to figure out the CD software after loading to PC.
    I am not sure if the software supplied even mentions the 8220.
    I have also tried to enter my own Email AD and get told that Blackberry cannot configure the account, or the text is wrong, I have enterred the email so many times by now I should be used to doing it,
    I need to know how to install the emailsI get asked whether in Outlook or in somewher else. I must be doing wrong.
    04-25-09 12:31 PM
    Are you trying to setup email on your phone or to synchronize with outlook on your PC. To sync with outlook you have to be on BES, it will not work on BIS.
    Last edited by zwood; 04-25-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Typo
    04-25-09 12:51 PM
    The BlackBerry Desktop Software is universal, it works with all models.

A lot of members have difficulty installing, particularly with Windows Vista. Autorun does not work, you have to start it manualy after setting the properties to Run as Admin.

Once it is installed, the first thing it will do is look for an update. In general, you should install the suggested update.

Once that is done, connect your BlackBerry to the USB port and run the software. It should recognize your PIN number.

The first thing you should do is create a backup.

This is half the of the software you will need. The other package is a copy of your device software, either the original carriers version or an upgrade. That is needed to customize your device.
    04-25-09 01:06 PM
    You don't necessarily need the desktop software to link an email account to your BlackBerry. Go to Settings->Manage Internet Email on your phone. It should walk you through the process of linking your email to your BIS account. I did that for a Hotmail address and a Comcast address.

However, to link a corporate email to your personal BB, you'll need to talk to your corporate IS guru. If they even allow it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 01:10 PM
    I have got settings on the 8220 now but I need to tranfer contact email ADs to my Blackberry, I have installed the software but the part where the email refers to is not visible as the rest of the options.
    When I click the option to access the email portion, I get the following message
    < Email settings are not available without an online connection to messaging system.>
    What does this mean as I am online,
    Surely there are no more settings to find.
    04-26-09 11:02 AM
    It is referring to a BES connection. If you only have BIS then when you sync with your blackberry the outlook addresses will transfer to your contacts on your phone. But email messages cannot be synchronized without BES, that is why outlook email settings was not available.
    Last edited by zwood; 04-26-09 at 11:20 AM.
    04-26-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD