Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to Blackberry. Just got a new 8120 about a week ago. I don't keep messages on this device and delete most as soon as received or accept that they are deleted from my desktop email application.

That said, I have a group of messages from five days ago that will not delete, no matter what I try. Gone through all the "view folder" options, double-checked deletion settings, blah, blah, ... Still have those darn messages and it's driving me crazy.

Any thoughts?

Steve
    02-24-09 11:13 AM
    Have you done a battery pull yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:18 AM
    Yep, one of the first things I tried. But, just for grins, did it again just now. No joy. Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve
    02-24-09 12:13 PM
    Are they saved messages?
    02-24-09 01:01 PM
    Yea I've saved some messages before and didn't know I did it. They just stayed in my inbox after trying to delete them like 5 times.
    02-24-09 07:38 PM
    Not sure whats going on there, I hope someone else can chime in that has experience with this issue, I'd like to know, too.
    02-24-09 08:52 PM
    No, not saved and not filed in another folder, either. If you do a "View Folder" these messages show up in either "Inbox" or "Sent Messages."

Very strange. Probably need to wipe the device and start over?

- Steve
    02-25-09 10:19 AM
    you said you cant delete prior are you trying to delete from a specific date back or each message individually?
    02-25-09 10:42 AM
    I would have asked if you saved them also. Have you tried deleting each one separately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:45 AM
    you said you cant delete prior are you trying to delete from a specific date back or each message individually?
    Only nine messages sent/received a specific date are affected by this. All others since are able to be deleted/filed/... normally. All others before that date have been deleted.

Yes, I've tried deleting them one-by-one and every other way I can think of to delete messages.

Steve
    02-25-09 01:52 PM
    Did you unhide your saved messages folder? It's hidden when u press the Blackberry button unless you unhid it.
    02-25-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD