Hello Kind Folks,

I've searched and searched the boards here HOPING that someone may have had this problem in the past (so to give me the glimmer of hope I am looking for).

I haven't had my BB for too long and have only recently started actively using the calendar to sort my life out. I have successfully invited someone to attend a meeting ONCE and since then, my option to 'Add Invitee' has disappeared from my menu list!!

I have 2 uncles who are BB fanatics and both have said they have never heard of this problem.

When I create a new event, my menu options are as follows:

Select
    Check Spelling
    Clear Field
    Save
    Delete
    Show Symbols
    Enable Multitap
    Switch Input Language
    Switch Application
    Close

Thats it! No other options!

I don't know how to get it back, I've tried restarting and removing the battery a million times. I cant seem to find an answer anywhere on the net (which worries me!)

I NEED to have this option available for work and I don't know what else to do.

If anyone out there can help me out, I'll be forever thankful.
    You seem to be the most knowledgable group of BBers I've discovered!

Thank you in advance, sincerely

Lisa
    02-18-08 10:31 AM
    Welcome to CB Lisa. Enter all the info for the appointment, hit the trackball, you'll see Invite Attendee.
    02-18-08 10:39 AM
    Thank you for your welcome
    Glad to be a part of such a community!

I tried what you suggested, still no option there to Invite...
    02-18-08 10:58 AM
    This is what I was afraid of: no one hearing of this prob or knowing what to do about it. Should I call telus BB it? Last prob I had it seemed I knew more than they did. Any suggestions on how I can go about funding a resolution?

Thanks everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-08 09:02 AM
    Not sure this will help, but you could try a battery pull. I have the option when I open a new or existing appointment/event and either click the track ball or press menu to invite attendee.

Also, welcome to CB.
    02-19-08 11:44 AM
    hmmm... very odd Lisa, Invite should be there. As grayt suggests, give battery pull a shot.
    02-19-08 12:21 PM
    GG, I just tried, no invite here either. Tried the battery. Hmmm... can you get it to work?
    02-19-08 12:43 PM
    really??!!.. weird

yep I have the Invite option.

Calendar>Menu>New then either hitting Menu or Trackball will show option for Invite Attendee.
    02-19-08 12:49 PM
    I would say. No matter what or how I try, I can not get the Invite Attendee.
    Battery out, battery in, doesn't matter.
    02-19-08 01:11 PM
    GG, question, under Calendar>Options, then under the Calendars heading, how many and what are the names?
    02-19-08 01:13 PM
    At this time: one for my Gmail acct
    02-19-08 01:26 PM
    Maybe that's it. I only show default, and if I go to options for the default calendar, wireless sync is set to NO and I can't change it.
    More weirdness!
    02-19-08 01:29 PM
    hmm... interesting. How many email accts? Maybe try delete/recreate your primary email?
    02-19-08 01:38 PM
    Only have two accounts. Wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact I deleted the email accounts with CICAL after them.
    02-19-08 02:09 PM
    Yes perhaps.

You should have a CMIME and a CICAL Service Book for each email acct.
    02-19-08 02:13 PM
    When I have both, I get all kinds of issues with multiple entries and syncing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/sof...-re-sync-8776/
    02-19-08 02:27 PM
    Thanks for your responses and sorry I'm late getting back...

Like Member, I too tried the battery pull but to no avail.

After that.....you lost me.

I can tell you I have 3 email accounts set up, the default being my gmail. It was the gmail address I sent the first invite from aswell, and I'm not sure what went wrong after that.

Its the most bizzarre thing...

If you end up having any luck, Member No1, please let me know! I of course will do the same
    02-19-08 02:34 PM
    hmm... interesting. How many email accts? Maybe try delete/recreate your primary email?
    GG - if I delete/recreate my primary email, will I lose all Calendar postings under this email? I have alot and I'd go crazy if they all disappeared on me...
    02-19-08 02:38 PM
    Not 100% sure Lisa.. I've not done it. Sorry I can't be of more help on this one... we're going to have to assign this to detective Pete
    02-19-08 03:07 PM
    That is quite alright I appreciate you trying regardless.

I attempted to delete my 2 other accounts because I didnt have any important calendar events under it, and it DID delete their events but did not fix the problem.

I am at a loss.

Mr. Pete - my fate is in your hands
    02-19-08 03:12 PM
    Lisa,
    Haven't forgot about this issue, I've tried a number of things. I just can't seem to get Invite Attendees.
    Still working on it.
    02-20-08 06:49 AM
    Pete,

Thanks for posting and updating me I too have been searching endlessly and have found nothing. Its incredibly frusturating. I'll be here if you find something!!

Take care
    02-22-08 08:39 AM
    Hey Pete,

I found a link in a search that says you need to resend your service books. ive never done that before so virgin me will have to look up how to do that, but its worth a shot!!
    02-22-08 08:49 AM
    02-22-08 08:50 AM
    Okay, just so you know, IT WORKED!
    Just resend and baddabing!
    02-22-08 09:00 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD