can you make videos with the bbp?

my cousin says you can.

she has a normal blackberry and hers can do videos
    03-23-08 06:48 PM
    not with the 8100 it will be a new option with os 4.5 but for now sorry you can't
    03-23-08 06:56 PM
    it is however, and it problably won't ever be, a feature of the 8110-8130, the ol' 8100 is not planned to be given that feature
    03-24-08 05:38 PM
    it is however, and it problably won't ever be, a feature of the 8110-8130, the ol' 8100 is not planned to be given that feature
    Like Blueberry said, when the new OS comes out and you update your Berry it will be possible to record video.
    03-24-08 06:04 PM
    Like Blueberry said, when the new OS comes out and you update your Berry it will be possible to record video.
    I have to disagree, as far as I know from reading all the prerelease information that are all over this and other forums, the 8100 will NOT get video recording functionality, the Curve for example will, but no website says the 8100 does, too

Stefan

edit: just wanted to say that I'd be happy to be wrong on this :P
    Last edited by Sayuuk; 03-24-08 at 06:13 PM.
    03-24-08 06:08 PM
    Where'd you find the pre-release docs plase. I'd like to read them.
    03-24-08 06:26 PM
    8130 is the only BB right now that can record video I believe. Others will be able to after the 4.5 OS
    03-24-08 06:29 PM
    I have to disagree, as far as I know from reading all the prerelease information that are all over this and other forums, the 8100 will NOT get video recording functionality, the Curve for example will, but no website says the 8100 does, too

Stefan

edit: just wanted to say that I'd be happy to be wrong on this :P

Sayuuk, you are correct about the pearl being left off on recording video. Here are the specs on the 4.5 OS for everbody to view.

BlackBerry Curve (all models), BlackBerry 8820 or 8830:

BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
    Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
    Voice note recording (H)
    Video recording on Curve models (H)
    Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
    Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
    Native format attachment downloading (S)
    HTML e-mails (S)
    Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
    Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
    Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)

BlackBerry Pearl 8100 or BlackBerry 8800:

Spell check (H)
    Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
    Voice note recording (H)
    Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
    Bluetooth stereo music (H)
    HTML e-mails (S)

BlackBerry Pearl 8130:

Automatic playlist generation in the media player (H)
    HTML e-mails (S)

BlackBerry 8700 or 8703e:

Spell check (H)
    New pictures and ringtones applications (H)
    Voice note recording (H)
    HTML e-mails (S)
    And if you're using an older BlackBerry, you are out of luck...time to upgrade! Important to also note is that this will be the last major update the BlackBerry 8700 Series sees.

The above details gives good reasoning as to why RIM recently decided to rebrand OS v4.3 to OS v4.5. Well, I guess in reality they may have made that decision a long time ago, but it just recently hit the blogosphere as news. With OS v4.3 addressing the majority of the handheld updates above (this is the OS version now shipping on the Pearl 8130), version 4.5 brings even more updates to the handheld and MANY on the server side. The first time I read about the 4.5 rebranding I questioned it, but I think it now makes perfect sense. Sorry I ever doubted you RIM!
    Last edited by Garz; 03-24-08 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spacing
    03-24-08 06:30 PM
    yeah, that was the list I was referring to, I just didn't find it anymore :P

there were some older lists that stated the new features in general, implicating that the 8100 would get video rec, too, but these documents were created half a year ago...

Stefan
    03-25-08 03:15 AM
    8130 is the only BB right now that can record video I believe. Others will be able to after the 4.5 OS
    There is a BB on the market right now that can record video?
    03-25-08 06:23 AM
    Hello,

I have been a browser of this forum for quite some time and finally decided to break down and join

Great forum, great people and great info, so a big thank you for all the times you have helped me without knowing it!

As stated above, it looks as though video recording will be left off the new OS for the 8100. Much of everything I have seen points to this. There is however, finally, a third party app that will offer video recording on the 8100 coming out. They are announcing tomorrow if Im not mistaken. I heard it was supposed to be today, but then it got pushed back a day supposively to avoid any confusion because of all the april fools garbage going around

Just so there arent 500 different rumors going around. Only info is being released tomorrow, NOT the actual software. It is a few weeks away at best right now. Still at least its something as it appears this will be the only option for the 8100 even after the new OS.

Just thought I would share all I could at this point as a thank you for the useful info you guys have provided me over time.

Thanks!
    04-01-08 09:36 PM
    Just saw, info is already up on a myspace blog if anyone is interested. Already signed up and now patiently waiting

myspace.com/myportableoffice
    04-01-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD