Hi All. I am a newbie to BB and I love my Pearl 8130. I have Verizon with two email accounts set up through BIS. My work Groupwise account has hundreds of messages in the inbox. I am getting my daily messages as they come in just fine but I'm having a problem: I get random pushes of old emails from prior dates that I've already deleted from my Pearl. I also get random pushes of old mail from dates as far back as November before I even got my BB. Usually I get between 6 and 12 of these at each push-but sometimes I get 39! Any ideas? Your help will be appreciated. I was on the phone for over an hour with VZW cust. service and they didn't have a clue.
    12-11-07 12:49 PM
    Are you using a blackberry enterprise server at work with groupwise or IMAP through BIS?
    12-11-07 12:52 PM
    Hi pgregory. I am accessing my work groupwise through BIS.
    12-11-07 12:58 PM
    Sounds like more of an issue with your BES and what it thinks your pearl needs in terms of synching...verizon woudlnt know anything about that.. Have you tried wiping and re-activating?
    12-11-07 01:15 PM
    No, That prospect scares me!
    12-11-07 01:20 PM
    I assume these old emails are in your groupwise mailbox? It could be that the BES is still trying to synch your inbox with your device...you can also see if your PIM settings on the BES server are set to "handheld wins" on conflicts as well. Another thing to try is move your old email out of your in-box. If its not in the in-box it wont synch it (unless you have redirection turned on).

Other things to try are having your service books re-sent to you (through your BES).

What do your BES administrators have to say about it? Do they have any ideas why its happening?
    12-11-07 02:09 PM
    Hi,
    Sorry I've been unable to continue this thread for a few days. Just a reminder pgregory-my email is not BES it is BIS. Do you have any other ideas for me? Thanks a lot.
    12-15-07 02:18 PM
    I can't help you, but maybe you can help me... How did you get your groupwise account on your BB? I have BIS aswell and can't seem to figure out how to get my groupwise work email on my phone. Thanks
    02-17-09 02:50 PM
    I need lots of help!
    I have two BB devices (mine and wife's). We work for the same company that does have a BES...but we don't use the BES because the company wants to charge $100 bucks to access it. So...I set up my groupwise email account just like you would with any other account on the BB and it works just fine. I put in my email address and password then almost immediately started receiving my email. Problem: I set up my wife's exactly like mine and she doesn't receive anything!
    I don't get it. They are the exact same device, set up the exact same way, and I ensured that all the settings are the same...and she still gets nothing!
    Any help would be appreciated!
    02-23-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD