When I try to use the setup wizard...after the initial screen, I hit next and get this message : Uncaught exception: java.lang.Illegal ArgumentException

Have no idea if this has anything to do with it...but I'll just let you know that I had another SIM card in this phone for 2 days. That particular line does NOT have data services, just used the device as a plain old phone. I also wiped the phone before I put the other SIM card in. Now I have my regular line back in and I am getting this message. Any ideas?

ca
    also...one other problem I am having: the Facebook icon automatically pops up when the device registers with the network...which it did. When I went to download the application, it exists on the phone, but there's no icon, so i can't actually access it.
    Last edited by aesaintclair; 09-03-09 at 03:07 PM. Reason: addition
    09-03-09 03:04 PM
    When you plug your phone in to the computer and it pops up and says new hardware found is that when you are getting this?
    What setup wizard is what I mean. Did you install Desktop manager already?
    09-03-09 03:07 PM
    When you plug your phone in to the computer and it pops up and says new hardware found is that when you are getting this?
    I believe he is getting this on his phone..I sm having the same problem only i cant launch unsynced media player. It worked fine when i installed it yesterday and now it wont launch. ive tried deleting and reinstalling the app but i still get the same error message
    09-03-09 03:40 PM
    I am getting this message when I go to use the setup wizard ON the BlackBerry itself....not when I plug the device into the computer.

A theory I have after playing with it: I wiped the thing again. Then I tried to use the setup wizard (on the phone) and it worked. THEN I installed Facebook- and it worked. And FINALLY I changed my theme to the one I have downloaded on the phone. As soon as I changed the theme and tried to setup wizard, I got that same message again.

BUT I don't know that this really makes sense since I stalled Facebook AFTER I changed my theme when I originally set the phone up.
    09-04-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD