I'm not sure if i've noticed this before but i tried to set a black background on my homescreen today and up top of the homescreen starting just before the "location bulleye" on the left is a lighter shade than black. The total realtime height on the screen is about .25" high and the width of the BB screen.It does this with custom wallpapers and the ones that came on the BB.

The line is pretty definite and easy to see. Can someone confirm this so i know what to do?

THANKS CB!!
    06-03-08 12:52 PM
    I'm using a custom wallpaper which is dark and I don't see anything like you describe.
    06-03-08 12:58 PM
    I see that on mine too. It seems like BB does something to the indicator area of the wallpaper. If I create a custom homescreen, with the top section defined with it's own wallpaper (a section of the whole wallpaper) I don't see that effect.
    06-03-08 09:02 PM
    yeah i noticed that on mine, i was wondering if i needed to take it back or something. the top part of my screen is lighter than the bottom part. i don't know if i did take it back if they'd give me a new one or not. prolly not. it's pretty annoying though
    06-04-08 09:12 AM
    It's seems to be a normal thing.
    06-04-08 09:15 AM
    That line drives me crazy. I would love to get rid of it. My roommates Sprint pearl 8130 does the same thing so it must be common.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 09:34 AM
    thanks guys for confirming that. I guess i can't have my black background
    06-09-08 02:07 PM
    Off all the wallpapers I have used only the non-smiley from CB does NOT do that to my 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 02:15 PM
    yeah the home screen of my dark knight joker theme doesn't do it but the lock screen does. it sucks. usually the home screen does it too but not this theme.
    06-09-08 02:22 PM
    My sprint 8130 doesn't do that. It did on the Sprint theme, but I changed it to the L theme, and now there's no bar.
    06-09-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD