Hi, I just bought a Used, unlocked Blackberry 8220 off ebay for $121. I'm very excited for the device since it's the cheapest I've seen one of these sell for on ebay and asked the seller to send me some pictures. Anyways, overall, I was happy with what the seller showed me since it matched the description, but one thing worries me. The screen's colors seem to be sort of faded. Now, I'm not sure if it's just the camera that was used or the actual screen.

Heck, I don't even know if screen color fading is even possible. Which is why I decided to ask you guys. What do you think?

Great Condition Blackberry Flip 8220 - eBay (item 280373981449 end time Jul-23-09 17:08:42 PDT)
    07-23-09 09:23 PM
    Well? What do you guys think?
    07-24-09 11:57 AM
    Well? What do you guys think?

By the wallpaper on your screen, it looks like it has the "Precision Silver" theme running. That theme does not have colorful icons and is a little more drab so to speak.

Go to....

Options>
    Theme> change it from "Precision Silver" to "Precision T-Mobile".

Maybe that will make it seem more colorful to ya. Though it mainly just gives it more colorful icons.

If you think the whole screen is faded. Maybe try comparing it to another Flip...at a retail store etc.

Never heard of that problem. Also I've never experienced that myself with any mobile device. With all that said, does not mean it can't happen.

You should maybe try to load one of the sample pictures that's on the device. There are several that are very colorful and vibrant. That should give you a better idea.

Good Luck!
    07-24-09 12:35 PM
    I don't think she has it in her possession yet. I think it is just the theme being used, plus the camera. I've never witnessed a screen fading with any of the mobile phones I've had in my life. But again I guess it might be possible. Concidering how "new-ish" the flip is, I can't really see that being the case here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 01:08 PM
    I don't think she has it in her possession yet. I think it is just the theme being used, plus the camera. I've never witnessed a screen fading with any of the mobile phones I've had in my life. But again I guess it might be possible. Concidering how "new-ish" the flip is, I can't really see that being the case here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're absolutely right SS.

The auction just ended yesterday, probably does not have it yet. Didn't see that.

Yeah SS is right, it's just poor quality photos and the Silver theme is being used.

I'm sure it's fine

Also, just so you'll know DD...the external display by default does not have much color on it. The clock is always grayish. The external display does have color though...message icons, caller id photo of a contact, custom themes etc....
    Last edited by Hoggles; 07-24-09 at 01:30 PM.
    07-24-09 01:26 PM
    It's the flash on the camera used to take the pics. You can CLEARLY see the second pic is totally washed out looking. I'm thinking the same is going on with the 1st pic. The last pic appears to have been taken sans flash.
    07-24-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD