When people are calling me i can't hear them. but when i put my phone on speaker is when i can hear them and they can here me. does anyone know how i can fix this?
    07-11-08 04:21 PM
    I have this problem too. I will keep searching for an answer, and checking back here for a possible solution. Good luck!
    07-11-08 09:51 PM
    When people are calling me i can't hear them. but when i put my phone on speaker is when i can hear them and they can here me. does anyone know how i can fix this?
    i had this problem awhile back as well.
    i went to the local t-mobile store & they said that i needed to update the software on my phone through the t-mobile website. i did it later that night, & it didn't help. so i took it back up there the next day, & they gave me a new blackberry pearl with the updated software on it.

your phone's update should be at v 4.2.1.107
    in order to check for that, go to OPTIONS, then ABOUT, & that number will be the third line down[well, it is on mine]

i can't post the URL in this, cus i haven't posted 10 posts.
    [i signed up just before i posted this because i had the exact same problem, & i figured i should help y'all out ]
    but i'll PM it to you.

EDIT: i couldn't PM the url to you either, but just go to:
    t-mobile.com
    click phones
    click blackberry on the side in the pink
    go to your blackberry 8100
    click Setup in the tabs
    & then click update software & it'll take you from there.

hopefully i helped
    Last edited by rayray09; 07-13-08 at 08:28 AM. Reason: couldn't send url
    07-13-08 08:20 AM
    I've had this same issue for over a year and no fixes. My local TMobile stores have been a bear at offering solutions or a new phone.
    07-13-08 04:02 PM
    I've had this same issue for over a year and no fixes. My local TMobile stores have been a bear at offering solutions or a new phone.
    Wow! I'd be kinda mad if they didn't offer any solutions or a new phone! But have you called customer care & complained about it?

When the guy at the Tmo store said that what I posted above earlier was all I needed to do, I was thinking it would be pretty easy & fix the problem. & When it didn't, I was extremely mad & called customer care. The lady that I talked to said that she could either send me a new phone, or go back to the Tmo store & see if they had any available since I had the warranty & whatnot. But I got one at the store, & it included an update

good luck with getting it fixed
    07-13-08 10:22 PM
    i had this problem awhile back as well.
    i went to the local t-mobile store & they said that i needed to update the software on my phone through the t-mobile website. i did it later that night, & it didn't help. so i took it back up there the next day, & they gave me a new blackberry pearl with the updated software on it.

your phone's update should be at v 4.2.1.107
    in order to check for that, go to OPTIONS, then ABOUT, & that number will be the third line down[well, it is on mine]

i can't post the URL in this, cus i haven't posted 10 posts.
    [i signed up just before i posted this because i had the exact same problem, & i figured i should help y'all out ]
    but i'll PM it to you.

EDIT: i couldn't PM the url to you either, but just go to:
    t-mobile.com
    click phones
    click blackberry on the side in the pink
    go to your blackberry 8100
    click Setup in the tabs
    & then click update software & it'll take you from there.

hopefully i helped
    t-mobile.com/bbupgrade is probably easier.

I can't post links yet... ugh!

When I bought my phone in Nov. 2006, this was the one site the salesman made sure I knew before I left the store.
    07-15-08 09:32 AM
    i had this problem in the past .. try pressing the turn off/on speaker on the top most part of the BB .. try to play around, it did worked for me!
    07-26-08 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD