I got a tmobile unlocked Pearl Flip to use on att.

calls work,sms works,opera works...however...

MMS does NOT work.
    WAP/medianet does NOT work
    NONE of my steaming radio works. slacker,pandora,radiobee,iheartradio and nobex all say no network connection/check your network...yadda yadda....I am in th emiddle of the city w/ full bars.

The apps work because they run fine on wifi but they all refuse to run on EDGE.

I'm fed up. I've spent more time in the settings than enjoying the things these phones supposedly are supposed to do.

I have the $30 unlimited BIS plan...I have the APN setting correct...I've googled this crap for the last few days and I've read all the pages on this.
    I've verified this both by checking my OLAM and calling CS. I have the correct data plans.

Going into an att store is pointless because as soon as they see tmobile on the phone they'll refuse to help. At this point I'm so mad I don't even care anymore.

I give up.

My QUESTION is...if I do a wipe and restore on this so I can sell the POS will it relock the phone?

Ok...if so..HOW do I wipe this so it can be sold to another?

I just want to be sure all of my apps and text are gone and that the new buyer can use it wherever they want.

Maybe somebody smarter than I can get this thing to work.

Thanks..
    05-04-09 04:33 PM
    wiping it will not relock it, you are fine. you can upgrade your OS and select 'do not backup' your existing stuff and it will do a clean install and wipe everything. I think you can also wipe it with a hard reset. there should be an option somewhere on the device i forget.

but in any case, it will not relock your device.
    05-04-09 05:14 PM
    It will not lock the phone. To wipe go to options > security options > general settings and click the menu button select wipe handheld. When you sell the phone call your carrier and un register the pin so the buyer can register the pin.
    05-04-09 05:17 PM

MMS does NOT work.
    NONE of my steaming radio works. slacker,pandora,radiobee,iheartradio and nobex all say no network connection/check your network...yadda yadda....I am in th emiddle of the city w/ full bars.

have you resent the service books? i can't see how they'd be much different than for an 8120, which AT&T offers. teh problem with the apps sounds like the browser config is off, and that's set by the service books.
    05-05-09 10:59 AM
    Thanks everybody for the info.

I've resent the service books several times and this thing is just so funky.

I did find out one thing....I was able to get my Nobex back by uninstalling Google maps.

for some reason there is a conflict there but it's another because I need/want google maps.

I love the form factor....coming from an iphone I was craving the flip style just for a change. I love the push email. I love the trackball even w/ the horror stories of them not working after a while.

But I just never know day to day if this thing is gonna work right.

My wifes (unlocked tmobile germany) works just fine on ATT.

I don't know. I don't want to give up on it but I'm beyond frustrated.

I'm thinking I just made a mistake and to wipe it and move on to something else.
    05-06-09 02:15 PM
    Do you have an update on how wiping it worked for you?

I have the same phone and exact same issues and NO ONE can help.

If you can offer your experience on this I would appreciate it. Also, did you have to backup your contacts to the SIM or to another source or did wiping erase them/leave them?

thanks for any help you can provide!

MMS does NOT work.

I'm fed up. I've spent more time in the settings than enjoying the things these phones supposedly are supposed to do.

I have the $30 unlimited BIS plan...I have the APN setting correct...I've googled this crap for the last few days and I've read all the pages on this.
    I've verified this both by checking my OLAM and calling CS. I have the correct data plans.

Going into an att store is pointless because as soon as they see tmobile on the phone they'll refuse to help. At this point I'm so mad I don't even care anymore.

I give up.

My QUESTION is...if I do a wipe and restore on this so I can sell the POS will it relock the phone?

Ok...if so..HOW do I wipe this so it can be sold to another?

I just want to be sure all of my apps and text are gone and that the new buyer can use it wherever they want.

Maybe somebody smarter than I can get this thing to work.

Thanks..
    09-05-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD