how or which is the easiest way to upgraded from os5 to os6 on a 9100 AT&T Pearl.
    i have a mac and i have heard it can not be done on a mac is that true?

also i have a pc so if that is easier please let me know.

i have tried various ways and not gotten much result every link I read to download ends up downloading BB desktop manager again.

thank you

Franco
    05-28-11 06:15 PM
    Hi Marcuo, that's great to hear.

Using OS 6 on a BB 9700 or 9100, I highly recommend shrinking the OS to avoid RAM shortage.

See post #3 for link to BBHTool desktop app:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...elecom-690386/
    It's a much more robust program than BBSAK.

It's easy. Run BBHTool, go to Shrink-A-OS tab, select your current OS at top.
    Check the boxes for anything you don't need on your BB. Press the button at bottom to shrink.
    Next, attach BB to PC. Open DM, make a Backup, close DM.
    Launch Loader, found in same AppLoader folder as where you deleted Vendor.
    Loader is "smart" and will want to make your BB match the now-shrunken OS on your PC. Doesn't take as long as loading a new OS.
    I just had mine upgraded through PC yesterday and it was easy. The whole process took somewhat 15 to 30 minutes and had no problem whatsoever.
    05-28-11 06:24 PM
    I just had mine upgraded through PC yesterday and it was easy. The whole process took somewhat 15 to 30 minutes and had no problem whatsoever.
    how did they do it? where did they download the 6.0 from thats the problem i seem to be having
    05-28-11 06:26 PM
    first u need to get blackberry desktop software version 6.0 then under device click update, it should shows several options of OSs ranging from 5.0 to 6.0. that's how got mind upgrade
    05-28-11 06:41 PM
    first u need to get blackberry desktop software version 6.0 then under device click update, it should shows several options of OSs ranging from 5.0 to 6.0. that's how got mind upgrade
    i would pop up only if it has been released for your carrier
    and for AT&T it has not being released.
    05-28-11 07:18 PM
    Are those of you with Pearl 9100 on T-Mo and ATT using unlocked phones? I am under the impression the neither T-Mo or ATT have official Pearl 3G in their offerings. I have an unlocked 9100 originally from a Canadian carrier. I switched from T-Mo (my preferred carrier) to ATT in September 2010 as I was unable to get 3G on the T-Mo service. ATT does have 3G, but the overall service is dreadful.
    I have been unable to upgrade from the original OS, 5.0.0.604 installed when I received the handset.
    06-03-11 03:48 AM
    ah just saw this. you have an att phone, you cannot use it on tmo and get 3G, it uses different bands. UMA also does not work as its only for TMO. unless you want just EDGE you have the wrong phone. unlocking it has nothing to do with running in on a specific carrier to get max performance, that is a band issue. I suggest not upgrading 604 to a different os, v6 will do nothing for you and generally 604 is a decent slice of V5. ATT does offer the 9100 btw, that would be the easy fix except its not tmo and they dont support uma and its att so that would hold little interest for me but that is just me.
    06-03-11 08:01 AM
    I just reread your post, you have your device on att right now, right? then you have 3G. if you think an os update will improve your service then think again. deal with it or get a tmo device and use uma like the rest of us. why do you think no tmo customer wants the merger to go through, uma rocks. tmo rocks.
    beaverdean likes this.
    06-03-11 08:05 AM
    I updated my Pearl to v6 for about 3 days... it was annoying enough that I downgraded. Much happier now! v5 is good for my needs.
    06-21-11 08:19 PM
    I updated my Pearl to v6 for about 3 days... it was annoying enough that I downgraded. Much happier now! v5 is good for my needs.
    may i know why?? i mean whats wrong with os6? i'm planning to update also

thanks
    06-21-11 10:38 PM
    sounds like a dirty harry line but why do you want to update? v5=xp, v6-vista - both are $hit but one works
    06-21-11 11:55 PM
    how or which is the easiest way to upgraded from os5 to os6 on a 9100 AT&T Pearl.
    i have a mac and i have heard it can not be done on a mac is that true?

also i have a pc so if that is easier please let me know.

i have tried various ways and not gotten much result every link I read to download ends up downloading BB desktop manager again.

thank you

Franco
    HI, I have att 9100, I want to upgrade to OS6.

Does anybody around knows for sure an OS6 that works right with att 9100?

I know camera can stop working and some other common bugs when not using the proper OS...

thanks a lot
    02-02-12 02:49 AM
    HI, I have att 9100, I want to upgrade to OS6.

Does anybody around knows for sure an OS6 that works right with att 9100?

I know camera can stop working and some other common bugs when not using the proper OS...
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

It doesn't matter which carrier you're using.
    As long as you have a 9100, any 9100 OS will work. Every OS is made by RIM and distributed to all carriers of the applicable device. The carriers decide which to release and when based on numerous factors, many of which have nothing to do with the quality of an OS build, or lack thereof.

If there's a bug in a particular OS version like your example with the camera, you are just as likely to experience it with any carrier.

So start off with the most recent, currently 6.0.0.723, and read through its thread in this Forum. You'll find the thread for the current OS is a Sticky at the top of the Forum. Read the thread and see what bugs, if any, other users are reporting.

Good luck!
    02-02-12 08:03 AM
    I mean my bberry is an United States at&t blackberry 9100, i use it with orange carrier in Spain,

but as far as I know even betwenn blackberry 9100 the hardware is not the same, different cameras, 3G channels, screens, chips or whatsoever... I think thats why some OS work and others dont,

Before trying to upload any OS and start messing things worst Im asking if anybody knows 100% sure any 6os that works alright with an at&t 9100

ive wrote on the profile but the other stuff doesnt appear... something done wrong i guess
    Last edited by Marcuo; 02-02-12 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add new things
    02-02-12 03:16 PM
    anybodyyy finddd meeeee
    someway toooo,
    upgradeeeeeeeee to os6...
    02-05-12 07:35 PM
    anybodyyy finddd meeeee
    someway toooo,
    upgradeeeeeeeee to os6...
    Official OS 6.0.0.723 for Pearl 9100_9105 from SK Telecom
    Go there, the instructions to download are the second post.

All your talk about different chips, cameras and whatnot isn't true at all.
    All 91XX models are the same besides 3G bands on some models, that's it.
    The 9105 just has a different keyboard but everything else is the same.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 02-05-12 at 07:48 PM.
    02-05-12 07:45 PM
    really thanks for the answer. I usually look for os in this page: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

I already have bbsak, but dunno why it doesnt let me load the os,,, it appears to select apps but i can only choose cancel...

of course ive deleted vendor file, and also tried to turn off internet using DM but then it does not let me do anything.

I saw a tmobile 9100 that only had 3 3G channels, instead of 4.

bell and virgin have 4 3G channels and had no problem changin os on them.

the problem i have is with this att 9100, and even it has the same 3G channels that bell had, so i presume Hware must be similar, but theres something that i simply can not load os6 on it.
    02-06-12 06:18 AM
    Marcuo

What was the location of the vendor.xml file that you deleted?

There is potentially a second vendor.xml file that does not show up on a search, located in the appdata/Roaming subdirectory. If it's there, delete it and try again.

Both DM and the apploader program will then recognize the new OS available for upgrade and you can use either to install. Also make certain you have removed any previous OS installation in Windows via Windows uninstall before you try to install the new OS.

OS 6 installs and runs on the ATT 9100 with no problems.
    02-29-12 09:56 PM
    OS 6 works fine on my Pearl 3G... more or less. It just leaves your device a little bit short on RAM and app storage. I highly recommend a good memory cleaner otherwise the browser might crash on you a lot...
    03-03-12 04:30 AM
    Thank you all, I finally could do it, through Aploader after BBsak wipe out, not posible through DM,
    Ram shortage makes some trouble sometimes but I prefer it rather than os5.

best regards,
    10-25-12 11:24 AM
    Hi Marcuo, that's great to hear.

Using OS 6 on a BB 9700 or 9100, I highly recommend shrinking the OS to avoid RAM shortage.

See post #3 for link to BBHTool desktop app:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...elecom-690386/
    It's a much more robust program than BBSAK.

It's easy. Run BBHTool, go to Shrink-A-OS tab, select your current OS at top.
    Check the boxes for anything you don't need on your BB. Press the button at bottom to shrink.
    Next, attach BB to PC. Open DM, make a Backup, close DM.
    Launch Loader, found in same AppLoader folder as where you deleted Vendor.
    Loader is "smart" and will want to make your BB match the now-shrunken OS on your PC. Doesn't take as long as loading a new OS.
    10-25-12 06:55 PM