I'd like to open and see .doc file on my BB from memory stick..

Any software for me to do this ???

Thanks !!!
    02-20-08 09:54 PM
    i'd like to know this too pls ..
    02-20-08 10:03 PM
    I think the only way you can view them is with an application called BeamBerry.
    02-20-08 10:39 PM
    Several solutions are available, most of them by subscription.

BeamBerry is $49.95 per year:
    BeamBerry - View, Print, Store BlackBerry e-mail attachments

DocHawk Platinum is $59.95 per year:
    PDF and Office Graphical Attachment Booster - DocHawk Platinum

eOffice is $99.95:
    eOffice - Document Production & Attachment Editing: MS Word and Excel

Documents to Go is not yet available for BlackBerry. It will require an operating system upgrade due in the next couple of months. It will be priced competitively they say, though some people assume that RIM will supply it free. It may be a purchase, rather than subscription solution:
    Documents To Go for BlackBerry: Word, Excel & PowerPoint on your BlackBerry
    Last edited by neilwick; 02-20-08 at 11:24 PM.
    02-20-08 11:18 PM
    what about a .txt file?
    02-22-08 06:48 AM
    I can view attachments in email (word and excel)... or at least I could before I did a complete reset. I haven't tried it since. I know you can view txt files. I don't know about rtf though. I've put txt files on my media card and have been able to open them. Can't edit though.
    02-22-08 07:12 AM
    it has to be attached to an email but can be viewed
    02-22-08 10:24 AM
    You can view MS Word and Excel files without any special attachments. However, special formatting in Word and Excel make it difficult to read. If it's a straight memo or letter, should be easy to read.

To read attachments as is, you need one of the 3rd party apps.
    02-22-08 10:24 AM
    Ok I'm able to read .txt files by putting them on memory card and viewing through media application.

Only thing that sucks is I can't scroll pages with space key and can't edit
    02-22-08 05:19 PM
    Beamberry is for xls files only.
    DocHawk only for viewing files. Both are subscriptions.
    eOffice allows editing word docs and attachments on BB, sending them, saving to SD, and it is a license.
    02-28-08 10:28 AM
    Beamberry is for xls files only.
    DocHawk only for viewing files. Both are subscriptions.
    eOffice allows editing word docs and attachments on BB, sending them, saving to SD, and it is a license.
    This is not true, and the poster Danbra, knows better than to say BeamBerry is for xls files only.

Users should know that Danbra is employed by Dynoplex/eOffice. For him to comment inaccurately while knowing otherwise, on competing products shows less than steller character on his behalf.
    03-04-08 11:12 PM
    This is not true, and the poster Danbra, knows better than to say BeamBerry is for xls files only.

Users should know that Danbra is employed by Dynoplex/eOffice. For him to comment inaccurately while knowing otherwise, on competing products shows less than steller character on his behalf.
    Sorry, messed up BeamBerry with GridMagic. Anyway, BeamBerry does not allow editing files
    03-07-08 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD