I don't have a text messaging plan or data plan but am able to access pay per use messaging. I heard that SMS is the plain type of text messaging that costs 20 cents per send/receive here for most US carriers including AT&T, which is what I am on. But if I send an MMS with just plain text, it would only be a few KB, which would only be charged at 1 cent per kilobyte. Would sending MMS messages be a good way to circumvent the billing system or would there be technical consequences to doing things this way?
    01-02-09 11:51 PM
    Sounds chincey to me. I would just spend the money for texting. 99% of people respond to mms messages with a text so it wouldn't do a lot for you. As for consequences... I highly doubt it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 09:00 PM
    MMS is considered as a text, not data kb. so if you send mms itll still be charged as a regular text. that is why when you get the messaging plan it covers IM, SMS, and MMS.
    01-03-09 09:06 PM
    MMS is considered as a text, not data kb. so if you send mms itll still be charged as a regular text. that is why when you get the messaging plan it covers IM, SMS, and MMS.
    ah, i see ,thanks for the nfo!

Drives me nuts, every major holiday, a gazillion people I don't know send me massive text wishing me "happy holidays" even though I don't know them or rather, don't remember them. Waste of 20 cents. I was thinking of doing a bulk voice mail message for all these people - it's free for both of us.
    01-03-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD