This is probably a really basic question but is it possible to have my Blackberry Pearl actively connected by bluetooth to two devices at the same time?

I want to connect it to the built in hands-free in my Ford Fiesta so that I can use the phone service through the car speakers and I also want to connect it to my TomTom 520 at the same time so that it picks up the traffic service. I tried it today but as soon as I bluetoothed it to the car, it disconnected from the TomTom and vice versa.
    07-17-09 04:34 AM
    I do not believe this is a possibility. You would need two bluetooth "antennas" in your device to have two active bluetooth connections.
    07-17-09 07:56 PM
    Nope, one device at a time. Though I do recall seeing an app somewhere that would let you switch back and fourth quickly.

On a side note I was completely unaware that Ford had start manufacturing the Fiesta again. Talk about confused when you said it had bluetooth... Have the built a good vehicle this time? The original fiestas were garbage.
    07-17-09 09:04 PM
    I hate to disagree but my 8120 is constantly connected to both my Jawbone and my bluetooth enabled GPS. All I did was connect the phone to each device individually and they automatically connect whenever they are in range.

BUT I do not think you can connect to two devices that perform the same function (for example two bluetooth headsets)
    07-17-09 11:02 PM
    Well I've discovered that you can indeed bluetooth the Pearl to a Ford Fiesta for the phone and to a TomTom for traffic updates at the same time! I travelled 300+ miles and had them both connected throughout the journey. I didn't ever see any evidence that one had disconnected in order to allow the other to connect. The TomTom downloaded traffic updates every few minutes and the car seemed to have phone contact all the time too.

I'm a very happy bunny:-)
    07-20-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD