I bought my pearl off e bay, had it unlocked and everything was ok until I tried to set up e mails. Yesterday I received my first bill from my provider and called them to check a few charges.
    No1. Ive been charged a 'one off fee' to register with Blackberry...fair enough..
    Here is the one i have trouble with..

No2. I have been charged 25 A MONTH! for, and I quote 'choosing to own a Blackberry phone capable of receiving and sending e mails weather i register to do so or not'
    I pointed out that it didnt work and I had been trying for weeks to get up and running so they started to help me set up. They kept asking me for my password...(presumably for the e mail account i have never set up!) and were very helpful in giving me 'my' username which turns out to be the username of the previous owner...which i told them. At which point they told me they couldnt help, and i was to contact the previous owners service provider for help.

Obviously I dont know the previous owner but as the box said Orange i called Orange...they cant help as I dont know the guys phone number..why would I? They give me a Blackberry helpline number to try which is dead. Im stuck

Ive tried the IT thing on here and cant get it to work, ive wiped the handheld...does anyone have a contact phone number for Blackberry that I can actually talk to someone? Or can any of you help please..I cant go on paying for a service I cant get and I cant cancel anything cause as soon as i give my IMEI or Pin they say im not the owner!?
    03-26-09 06:24 AM
    Try asking in the ATT section here in the forums. They will point you in the right direction!
    03-26-09 07:45 AM
    simply call your service provider and tell them to disbale data acces.
    03-26-09 10:38 AM
    simply call your service provider and tell them to disbale data acces.
    Thanks for the quick replies...unfortunately they wont even discuss it with me, they say I need to contact the guy who sold me it, which I have done but im not holding my breath for an answer I spoke to Blackberry eventually yesterday and theyve said I can try 'escalating an issue for deactivation of the PIN' but they were not hopeful...
    03-27-09 07:23 AM
    Hi me again...sorry but what or where is the ATT section?
    03-27-09 07:30 AM
    The ATT part of the forum under "providers".

That's a little screwy your provider won't discuss your own phone with you, let alone attempt to help you to fix it. Maybe try calling one more time and hopefully get a nicer rep?
    03-27-09 09:00 AM
    The ATT part of the forum under "providers".

That's a little screwy your provider won't discuss your own phone with you, let alone attempt to help you to fix it. Maybe try calling one more time and hopefully get a nicer rep?

Hi
    The view of my Spanish provider is the phone might be stolen and as the PIN is 'locked' to another provider in the UK they take the view the phone isnt mine I presume...in other words because I didnt buy from them they dont want to know, so if the guy I bought it from wont help I thought maybe there was some way erasing the PIN online or something like unlocking...?
    03-27-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD