Hey i have the blackberry 8100 pearl..and the problem is when ever i want to do something my phone is like very tweechy or senstive maybe i guess..Example everytime i got to send a txt message as sson as i hit 1 letter or anything the phone sends it out right away before i can do anything else..and also when i am talkn on the phone to someone the phone will scroll up through the menu by it self and put the phone on mute..I dont know what to do at all.I have triied to play with the sensitivity of the phone to see if that would owrk and it didnt do anything at all...So please can you help me out...
    07-09-08 09:42 PM
    Have you gotten the keyboard wet? BB's are very moisture intolerant, and water intrusion voids the warranty. If you haven't gotten it wet and the phone is new, take it back. It sounds like you have a defective keyboard.
    07-09-08 09:46 PM
    well i bought the phone of off ebay..
    07-09-08 09:47 PM
    well i bought the phone of off ebay..
    I'm very sorry. You need to contact your seller and see if you can return it.
    07-09-08 09:52 PM
    ok i will give it a shoot...is there anything else i can do at all..
    07-09-08 10:02 PM
    You could try blowing out the keyboard with compressed air, but honestly, I don't think it'll help. That might fix one or two keys, not a whole keyboard.
    07-09-08 10:04 PM
    There are threads about recovering BBs that have had water damage by putting the BB in a bowl of rice for a few days to wick out the moisture (I'd post a link, but I'm on my BB right now). You might give that a try, but run a search and check out the threads on rice first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 10:32 PM
    Here's a thread that talks about using rice: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...drowned-49677/
    07-09-08 10:36 PM
    The rice trick works well, but you have no way of knowing whether it really is water damage, or how long ago it occured if so. Your best bet is to contact the seller.

07-09-08 10:40 PM
    Have you tried doing a wipe handheld? That may help.

07-09-08 10:49 PM
    Have you tried doing a wipe handheld? That may help.

what is a wipe handheld..and i know for a fact there has been no water damage in the phone..
    07-13-08 02:49 PM
    and another thing..where i have my bars for the antenna i guess..under it,it always goes from egde to gprs..how do i just stay on one of them
    07-13-08 02:54 PM
    If you are worried about water damage then you can check this on the 810 by opening the back of the phone and looking just above the top of the battery at a little white square that is above the Media Card slot.

If this is white then there has been no serious liquid damage. If it is pink of red then the phone has gotten wet.

There is a second chemical liquid detector on the battery just beside the gold contacts.

The gps, edge thing depends on which network the phone is detecting. It depends where you are in the coverage area.

Once you have a data plan these letters will be in uppercase (GPS, EDGE).

To wipe the phone of all previous user information, go to Options, Security, General Settings, press Menu and select Wipe Handheld.
    07-13-08 03:22 PM
    If you are worried about water damage then you can check this on the 810 by opening the back of the phone and looking just above the top of the battery at a little white square that is above the Media Card slot.

If this is white then there has been no serious liquid damage. If it is pink of red then the phone has gotten wet.

There is a second chemical liquid detector on the battery just beside the gold contacts.

The gps, edge thing depends on which network the phone is detecting. It depends where you are in the coverage area.

Once you have a data plan these letters will be in uppercase (GPS, EDGE).

To wipe the phone of all previous user information, go to Options, Security, General Settings, press Menu and select Wipe Handheld.
    what is a data plan
    07-13-08 03:28 PM
    what is a data plan
    A data plan is the service you buy from your carrier to allow you to access the internet with your blackberry.
    07-13-08 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD