I've recently noticed that my flash stoped working. I'm not sure if it stoped after I installed .236 or not, any ideas?
    04-28-09 09:40 AM
    did you check to see if the default flash setting was automatic, on or off in the options
    04-28-09 01:17 PM
    I've tried all three settings, still wont work. Would the BerryTorch app have anything to do with it?
    04-28-09 01:22 PM
    Have you tried the video recording and turning on the light also?
    04-28-09 01:40 PM
    the light doesn't work with the video recorder either. Is there any other way to test the light?
    04-28-09 01:53 PM
    will the light come on with berry torch?
    There is a system hardware test that you can run to test various hardware components such as LEDs, speakers, vibrator and more but i cant remember if there is a test for the flash you'll have to try it. to run the test you will need to enter multi tap mode first, you could open a memo or email and switch. then go to options > status. Now type test, two taps for the s. click the menu button and select start. check the tests you want to run and click the run button. do what is instructed in the user input field. once that segment of the test is complete click the trackball and select next. once you finish it will generate a report with the results. hope this helps.
    04-28-09 03:01 PM
    the camera flash light does not work with berry torch only the led light. I did the test everything worked except for the LCD backlight test, I'm not sure what that test was supposed to do, but there was no test for the flash, the flash apparently is only used for camera flash and video light.
    04-28-09 03:19 PM
    The LCD back light test was to test the back light, each time you press a key it will dim more.

Maybe you could try deleting berry torch and see if that helps, if not then it may be the OS upgrade or you may have burned it out.
    04-28-09 03:25 PM
    just deleted berry torch and reset device, no change. If the OS did damage it, and I put back the original OS would I have a problem with warranty?
    04-28-09 03:37 PM
    Don't know about that. I would install the OS version supported by your carrier and try to get it fixed under warranty. Just say O i didn't know you could use the camera flash for a flashlight.
    04-28-09 03:43 PM
    There is a system hardware test that you can run... go to options > status. Now type test, two taps for the s. click the menu button and select start.
    Wow, thanks for the Easter Egg! Nice to know about the built-in hardware test. I was able to enter test mode via "tesst" without switching to multi-tap. It seemed to bork my backlight up to full brightness. I had to go into options and twiddle it from 10 to 20 to get it dim again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 08:47 PM
    Just noticed in the manual that the flash will not operate if the battery level gets below 20%.
    04-30-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD