First question: The manual says this (which is partially helpful):

Answer a second call
    1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Perform one of the following actions:
    • To answer the incoming call and place the current call hold, click Answer - Hold Current.
    • To answer the incoming call and end the current call, click Answer - Drop Current.
    It doesn't say how to return to the first call. Surely you don't have to just wait until the second caller disconnects from their end. And anyway, what if you want to go back and forth between two callers?

I couldn't believe at first that I had to go to a menu for this. I assumed I just hit the send button to go to the incoming call just like all previous cell phones I've had.

Second question: When someone who is already in my address book calls me from a new number, is there an easy way to add that new number to the already existing contact entry? On previous phones (sorry to keep bringing that up) this was a simple thing to do. On the BB, I've been entering the new number manually. Tell me there's an easier way.

The manual says this:
    Add a contact from a message, call log, or web page
    1. In a message or call log or on a web page, highlight a contact.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Add to Address Book.
    4. Type the contact information.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Save.
    But this doesn't seem to be about adding a new number to an already existing contact.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Lillieperl; 05-12-08 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added more info
    05-12-08 04:12 PM
    You don't have to go to the menu. I think you can hit the Green Talk button to answer the 2nd call. And to switch back to the first call, I click the return button (the arrow).

As for your second question, I think the easiest thing to do is click on the new phone number, hit copy and then go to the address book and add it that way. It's not as easy as you'd like but it's better than entering it digit by digit.

Hope that helps!
    05-12-08 04:17 PM
    Thanks, PD.

You don't have to go to the menu. I think you can hit the Green Talk button to answer the 2nd call. And to switch back to the first call, I click the return button (the arrow).
    I thought this, too, but when I hit the green button to pick up the second call, it disconnected the first caller. THAT'S when I looked in the manual and it told me to use the menu, but doesn't tell me how to get back to the first caller.

Following your instructions re adding a phone number to my contacts.
    1. I go to call log
    2. I highlight the number I want to add to my contacts
    3. I hit the menu button and choose "copy 201-555-1324"
    4. Then I hold the green button an extra few seconds and the contact list opens
    5. Then I enter the first few letters of the name I want to add the phone number to
    6. When her entry comes up, I select it
    7. I use the menu button to choose "edit"
    8. Her whole entry opens and I scroll down to a place to enter a phone number
    9. I use the menu button and choose paste
    10. Then I "save."

AAARRRGGGHHH! This whole operation took about three keystrokes on my former phone. Is this really the easiest way to do it?
    05-12-08 05:16 PM
    Re: the answering the call... not sure what to tell you. That's the way I've always done it and my other caller has always stayed on the line.

And as far as I know, that's the easiest way to add the phone number, sorry.
    05-12-08 08:01 PM
    Can't answer your first question, but here is how I would handle the second:

Go to call log
    Scroll to "new number"
    Push Menu Button
    Scroll to Copy XXX-XXX-XXXX

Go to address book that you want to add the number too, you can then "paste" the number into the contact that you want.

This is essentially what you do, but I added the "copy/paste" function.

I think this is fairly simple...
    05-12-08 09:34 PM
    I'll try hitting the green button again when I get a callus interruptus. And then I hit it again when I want to go back to the first caller? That's the way it has always worked on my other cell phones. When I did this last week, my first caller said the call disconnected from her when I tried to pick up the interrupting call. Then, more recently, I did use the menu command, but couldn't get back to the first caller-- they got disconnected, too.

Pashan, your process for adding a new number to an existing contact is the same as the one I described (you just used fewer words- LOL). I guess I'm reacting to my old phone, where right after you disconnected from a call, while the number was still on the screen, you opened a menu that gave you the choice to add the number as a new entry, or to an existing entry. If you chose the latter, you navigated to the existing entry, chose the type of number (home, office, mobile) then hit save. SO simple.

Yeah, yeah, whine whine whine...
    05-13-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD