Hey guys.... I have just recently bought the pearl... Its a good phone overall but the in call volume on my handset is too low.... I mean I have kept the volume to full but still need to strain my ears to hear the other person while on a call......
    I had a bold 9000 before this n the volume was fine even at 50%... Now the only way I can converse is if I use a hands free.... But that's not convenient always.....
    What I want to know is.... Is there any way to increase the volume on this phone..... If not.... Any other suggestions are welcome......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 03:12 PM
    I haven't had any problems with call volume. Is it still an issue with a bluetooth headset or headphones?

11-16-10 06:55 PM
    Its a problem with the ear piece volume..... In the hands free or Bluetooth the volume is fine..... Its an issue while talking directly from the handset.....

11-16-10 11:57 PM
    id ask for a replacement from your carrier. that's unacceptable for a phone! you need to be able to hear! hopefully they will give you one on the spot otherwise you have to go through warranty and that's a pain. well, it is for ATT.
    11-17-10 12:01 AM
    well.... i've got my handset from a store, not from a carrier.... in my country, carriers do not supply phones, they only provide service... i live in india..... u think that i have to get it checked in a repair shop????
    11-17-10 03:37 AM
    the phone should come with a 1 year factory warranty. as long as you did not get it off ebay and its from a legitimate store I cannot see why the warranty would not cover you
    11-17-10 09:30 AM
    I am sure that the warranty will cover me..... its just that i done want to go thru the hassle of booking it in for repairs thru a store...... also the volume is "audible" in a quite environment.... its in noisy places that its actually a problem.... i'm afraid that the repair shop will just say no fault with the handset & the regular crap....
    11-17-10 11:11 AM
    they are not going to repair it, they are going to replace it. its too new to have refurbished units I would think so they will just give you a new one
    11-17-10 11:38 AM
    I thin I'd be inclined to ask the phone store if you can test a different phone in-store. They might help you if they have nothing else to do.

If the sound is good on a different phone of the same type, then both you and the store will know there is a problem.
    11-17-10 11:41 AM
    hey thats a great idea....
    i'll do that tomo as i have an off....
    thanks alot
    11-17-10 12:44 PM
    Is this an issue with the handset. I have a friend with a pearl who is having the same issue. Any suggestions?
    02-12-11 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD