Hi guys,

Just got 8110 (AT&T) after switching from Razor (Cingular). I've done my homework and kind of known ahead of time of some reviewers reporting occasional hiss/noise on the line. What I find that it's rather inconsistent. It's great half the time, the other times it's almost as if volume while in call is too high and it overpowers the (tiny) speaker. So, I get distortion unless volume is lowered. FTR, I have 'Enhance Call Audio' set to Normal.

I've had it for just over 2 weeks. Is this just how this phone works, i.e. normal for it? Or, should I consider taking it back to AT&T store and hope they swap it out for me? Any input would be very much appreciated.

PS Great site btw.
    08-04-08 10:32 PM
    No volume problems here with my AT&T 8110.
    08-05-08 07:45 AM
    I would take it back to swap for a new one...have had mine for quite some time and never an issue with call volume. good luck!
    08-05-08 10:56 AM
    This "speaker problem" thread is very similar to the intermittent issue I've been having. It's probably not as bad but if that's a blown/defective speaker, then I'm sure it'll only get worse over time.

forums.crackberry.com/f79/speaker-problem-22979/ (prefix it with http as it won't let me post URLs yet)

I think I'm gonna swap it for a new one.
    08-05-08 11:03 AM
    Got it swapped few days ago and it works much, much better now. I don't get any speaker phone distortion anymore. Call quality appears to be better too. Thanks for your feedback!

Of course, you fix one thing and trade it in for another one. Previous unit had a nice firm track ball. This new one feels loose and gives considerably more under my finger. I can also hear it jiggle there if I shake the phone a bit. Similar to this post:

forums.crackberry.com/f79/8130-trackball-extremely-loose-12677/

Why can't it be perfect?!
    Last edited by SM05; 08-13-08 at 09:35 PM. Reason: URL formatting
    08-13-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD