Anyone having problems with your calls not displaying in your call log on the 8130 pearl??? My call log is absolutely blank! No incoming or outgoing calls logged!!! And trust me when I say I use my Phone...!!! LOLOL
    05-10-08 04:53 PM
    I have the same problem... Sometimes it registers and all of a sudden when i press the talk key there is no history of any calls..... I have the T-Mobile 8120 btw...

Any suggestions or help???
    05-10-08 05:29 PM
    Have they never displayed, or is this a recent problem?
    Call Log/Menu/Options/General Options/Phone List View: Call Log

Have you done a battery pull?

You may have low memory. Are you also losing messages? What is the value for Options/Status/File Free:
    05-10-08 05:30 PM
    Wife had that prob on her pearl, did a battery pull and it corrected itself.
    05-10-08 05:33 PM
    Problem is recent...as of yesterday!!! Haven't tried the battery pull, Hey if it works I'm all for it!!
    05-10-08 05:48 PM
    Pull the battery with the phone on, leave it out for a minute or so, put it back. That fixes a multitude of aberrant behaviors. It's the first thing to try when something isn't working.
    05-10-08 05:50 PM
    wow i am trying to delete call logs, the thing never deletes anything...LOL i wish i had your problem~
    05-10-08 05:50 PM
    This works on my 8830. Don't know about the 8130, but it's worth trying...
    • In the Call Log, scroll to the first entry you wish to delete.
    • Hold down the left shift key and roll the trackball to the last item, selecting all in between.
    • Hit delete and answer yes at the prompt.
    05-10-08 05:56 PM
    I've deleted all messages thinking it might be a memory thing!! Just did the battery pull...so far it seems to be working (fingers crossed)....File Free: 8720449 Bytes!! (whatever that means?!) How do I know when its a memory thing???
    05-10-08 06:00 PM
    ....File Free: 8720449 Bytes...How do I know when its a memory thing???
    Any time File Free drops below 10 000 000 you will have problems. The phone starts deleting things (call logs, text messages) to free up memory. A battery pull restores some memory and will solve the problem temporarily. The permanent solution is to remove stuff you don't need (sample video, wallpaper, languages) from memory. Here's a procedure that will help you do that. It's not trivial, so don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck.

John Clark's Optimize Memory

Also, if you have a media card, be sure you put pictures, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory.
    Last edited by JeffH; 05-10-08 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added reference to John Clark
    05-10-08 06:12 PM
    SWEET!!!! Thanks Jeff...I'll get the hang of this thing yet!!!! LOLOL
    05-10-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD