The call log on my 8130 seems to only go back approximately 1 day, it is not memory related as I have at least 18k free memory and have followed the post regarding deleting .COD files etc to optimize free mem.

Is there a way to control the days logged in the call log? I can't find it!

I am not getting confused with the Message log, which is set to 15 days and working as expected.

I wonder if for some reason doing a SOFTRESET causes it?

Any ideas?
    06-27-08 06:28 PM
    Well does the log disappear? If not then to retrieve the calls made, received or missed go to the mesgs folder>highlight the date>hit menu>choose view folder. They will be there. If they do delete it probably is a memory issue and something you may have over looked.
    06-27-08 06:38 PM
    The call log on my 8130 seems to only go back approximately 1 day, it is not memory related as I have at least 18k free memory and have followed the post regarding deleting .COD files etc to optimize free mem.

Is there a way to control the days logged in the call log? I can't find it!

I am not getting confused with the Message log, which is set to 15 days and working as expected.

I wonder if for some reason doing a SOFTRESET causes it?

Any ideas?
    Your free memory is 18M, not 18k, or your phone would not be working. Neither soft reset nor a battery pull will erase the Call Log in normal circumstances.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the Message Log. Are you looking at the actual Phone Call Log folder, or at the list you get when you press the Call Log icon? The Call Log icon list is limited to 20 entries. The actual Phone Call Log is accessed via the Messages Folder, and goes back 30 days unless you've wiped your phone. Messages/Menu/Phone Call Logs
    06-27-08 07:00 PM
    I think that is my "issue", the call log is limited to 20 entries!!! Can that be changed somehow? I'll be happy to edit a a file if that can be made to say 30 or 40 entries?

If I look at an individual call entry and look at "history" it shows all the calls, so it must be the 20 limit that I am seeing. Thanks!

And yes I meant 18Meg

Message log is the thing trhat stores texts and missed calls and I supose I could "log all calls" and see them there too, but that would be a mess mixed in with texts.

I have the log THeme contolled, maybe I'll play with that setting...I am using the IPhone theme

Your free memory is 18M, not 18k, or your phone would not be working. Neither soft reset nor a battery pull will erase the Call Log in normal circumstances.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the Message Log. Are you looking at the actual Phone Call Log folder, or at the list you get when you press the Call Log icon? The Call Log icon list is limited to 20 entries. The actual Phone Call Log is accessed via the Messages Folder, and goes back 30 days unless you've wiped your phone. Messages/Menu/Phone Call Logs
    06-27-08 07:07 PM
    I think that is my "issue", the call log is limited to 20 entries!!! Can that be changed somehow? I'll be happy to edit a a file if that can be made to say 30 or 40 entries?

If I look at an individual call entry and look at "history" it shows all the calls, so it must be the 20 limit that I am seeing. Thanks!

And yes I meant 18Meg

Message log is the thing trhat stores texts and missed calls and I supose I could "log all calls" and see them there too, but that would be a mess mixed in with texts.

I have the log THeme contolled, maybe I'll play with that setting...I am using the IPhone theme
    I think you missed my point. The list you get via the Call Log icon is limited to 20 entries. There's no option to change that in the only Theme that I have installed, BBDimension Zen. If it's possible in other themes, I'm unaware of it. I don't think that it is.

I'm not talking about the call history you get from an individual entry, and I'm not talking about texts. In the Messages Folder, press Menu and click on View Folder. You should see a folder titled "Phone Call Logs." Click that, and you will see 30 days of calls, placed and received.

If all this is theme controlled, I'm unaware of it.
    06-27-08 07:18 PM
    Thanks JeffH,

That's great, I really need to read the manual and find out all these cool features!!!!

Cheers
    06-28-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD