Is it possible to hide some calendar entries and have them not appear on the today screen? Currently, I think I have the standard display which is the next 2 calendar appointments appearing under the calendar on the today screen. I have tried the obvious "mark private" and what not.
    07-27-08 12:44 AM
    Is it possible to hide some calendar entries and have them not appear on the today screen? Currently, I think I have the standard display which is the next 2 calendar appointments appearing under the calendar on the today screen. I have tried the obvious "mark private" and what not.
    Change the theme and it will not show.
    07-27-08 12:51 AM
    Change the theme and it will not show.
    I think what he means is that he only wants certain appointments to not show up but have the rest there just like normal.

I think there might be a way to select which calendars show up on the today screen (try going to your list of calendars disabling show notifications). If that works you could just add all your top secret spa appointments to a different calendar that doesn't show up.
    07-27-08 12:57 AM
    yea, you have the right idea, that is what I was wondering....I have to keep my pedicures secret
    07-27-08 01:17 AM
    Cmptrnrd's suggestion is a good one, let us know if it works. I've been looking for a solution to just this same problem for a while now, and if it doesn't work, you might try the little workaround I've developed: code events.

Basically, for each type of event that you don't want showing up on your Today screen ("Amateur Night at Club Va-Voom"), you choose a different title that is innocuous but that you never actually use in reality ("Call Mom"). You'll know what they really mean, but casual observers will just think that you sure do call your mom a lot... HTH.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 01:34 AM
    I have a similar desire to keep certain appointments private. Changing the title does not work since it reverts to original title because of an interface Outlook has with another program. I used to do that, but now I need to be able to make sure that the data is not accidentally seen by someone else. It seems that having 2 calendars defeats the desire for an integrated process for tracking information. Any help is welcome. What is the purpose of the "private" box in the calendar or contact if it does not hide the contents?
    08-16-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD