Just started using my new Pearl this week and I was formerly a Palm pda user and trying to get my info from my Palm to BB via Outlook. I synced my calendar with outlook before I added an email account.

After I added my yahoo email account, some of my calendar appts were color coded differently (blue vs none). When I opened the "Calendar Options" on my Pearl, the yahoo email account was listed as a calendar option and had the same calendar color associated with it as some of my appts did.

Why would some of appt be associated w/my yahoo account???
    02-17-08 09:46 PM
    Just started using my new Pearl this week and I was formerly a Palm pda user and trying to get my info from my Palm to BB via Outlook. I synced my calendar with outlook before I added an email account.

After I added my yahoo email account, some of my calendar appts were color coded differently (blue vs none). When I opened the "Calendar Options" on my Pearl, the yahoo email account was listed as a calendar option and had the same calendar color associated with it as some of my appts did.

Why would some of appt be associated w/my yahoo account???
    Those color codings don't show up on the BB, so you're going to lose some functionality there. I tried messing with the colors when I transferred my data from my Palm to Outlook, and then to the BB, and it gave me duplicate record problems.

For a device that is so dependent on Outlook, it seems like it would have the ability to carry over color coded appointments...

Another bug RIM needs to fix.
    02-17-08 09:52 PM
    I don't want the different colors and they only are visible on BB NOT on Outlook. BB seems to have randomly assigned them - why?
    02-17-08 10:05 PM
    is there a way to delete all calendar items on BB and start over?
    02-17-08 10:06 PM
    I don't want the different colors and they only are visible on BB NOT on Outlook. BB seems to have randomly assigned them - why?
    Really? Mine was just the opposite. I can see the colors in Outlook, but every appointment on my BB is just one basic color.
    02-17-08 10:40 PM

Yep. Connect your BB to your computer, open Desktop Manager, click on Backup/Restore, click on Advanced, find where it lists "Calendar" under Device Databases, and then click clear. That will erase all data in your calendar.
    02-17-08 10:42 PM

Yes. There is. I did it just yesterday.

Plug in your BB to your PC running the BB software. Click on the "Backup or restore" button on the BB software on the PC. Find your calendar, and delete it. (make sure you back up Outlook first in case something gets screwed up). There may be a couple of separate calendar entries to delete. I think one of mine said calendar, and the other said calendar all. Anyway, I deleted them both and then synced again. It didn't appear to work, so I unplugged it and then plugged it in again and re-synced. Everything works perfectly now.
    02-17-08 10:44 PM
    Yep. Connect your BB to your computer, open Desktop Manager, click on Backup/Restore, click on Advanced, find where it lists "Calendar" under Device Databases, and then click clear. That will erase all data in your calendar.
    You must have been typing at the same time I was. Didn't mean to copy your thunder, so to speak...
    02-17-08 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD