i have a tmobile 4.2.0.64 and i notice when im listening to mp3's or watching videos I forgot to mention i do have a blackberry stereo headset. While im listening the right earphone goes out and only goes to left and have to unplug the headset a couple of times to get it to work on both earphones again. I'm just wondering if this only happens to me or any other users out there. Another question is there a way to get the phone to skip to other songs automatically or hit a key to skip?
    03-27-07 07:22 PM
    ...but, were these mp3's ripped by you? Try a downloaded track from iTunes or something, is it the same with those? I wonder if it's just something that happened during the ripping of the mp3's...

ps: I take it the headset is plugged all the way in?
    03-27-07 08:01 PM
    yes its plugged all the way in. They were ripped by me or other rls groups. Ive done some thru itunes. It does this in video mode too. I use blackberry video to make my videos.
    03-27-07 08:54 PM
    What kind of headphones are you using?
    helopilot06 likes this.
    03-28-07 01:01 AM
    im using blackberry stereoheadset. I was listening to my mp3's today and it didnt do it. It seems to happen when I watch videos then when i listen to my mp3's then it starts to act the same way. I'm just guessing it only does it during/after I watch videos.
    03-28-07 08:17 AM
    Haven't ever heard of that happening. After you watch some videos, you may want to pull the battery for a reboot of the system and see if that helps any.
    03-28-07 10:36 AM
    i probably have a bad jack maybe you think?
    03-28-07 06:33 PM
    Possibly either that, or bad headphones. Trying some different headphones and see what happens. If you find it's not the headphones, then see if you can try your media in another Pearl and see if it has the same problems. If you don't know anyone else who has one, just go to one of your providers local stores and use their demo.
    03-29-07 03:02 AM
    i probably have a bad jack maybe you think?
    I can't say for sure... because I have not experienced this problem with my Pearl... but I have had this happen with other devices, namely my Creative Jukebox Zen Xtra. The contact arm which your headphone jack bends out of the way every time you plug it in has most likely become bent to the side... and one part of the arm (whether responsible for left or right auido) has lost contact.

When this happened to my Zen Xtra I took it apart until I saw the warrently sticker... then I sent it back to Creative because it was still under warrenty. Since then I've taken it apart and taken a good look at the actual headphone input... and they're quite tricky to work with. They're small and all sealed up. If your device is still under warrenty I highly reccomend getting it fixed by them as it would most likely be a difficult operation.

That's about all I can offer. It's a problem that happens often with anything that takes a input like a headphone jack. Constant bending....
    04-03-07 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD