hi all

i am a bb newbie. i just recently got one... i dont plan on getting a data plan, just cause i dont need one... and the only reason why i thought about keeping it was if i could still use the internet, whenever a wireless connection could be obtained.. just cause its got other cool features that i can use... like an organizer, easy texting, nice ringtones (just cause ive never had the luxury of customizing ringtones, haha)

ive been looking all over, but i cant seem to find that function on BB pearl... so... is there an internet browser, or a way to connect to my router at home for example? (i know with my friends O2, he has internet explorer..)

i looked in options -> advanced options -> tcp... and i was brought to the APN screen with user name and PW... but i am not quite sure if that is it.

help is appreciated,
    thanks
    07-19-08 10:25 PM
    I think the browser might be disabled by your carrier until you pick up a data plan.
    07-19-08 10:31 PM
    If your BB has wifi and you have a wireless router I know you can use the internet on your BB at home. I would assume you could use wifi hotspots as long as the BB has wifi. Just make sure that the data traffic is over wifi otherwise you will be charged by the carrier whatever their data usage rate is. For example sprint charges I believe 3 cents per KB. That will add up very quick with your average standard web page being about 200KB and average mobile optimized page at about 30-60KB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 01:09 AM
    The only Pearl that has wifi is the 8120. If you have an 8100, 8110, or 8130, you do not have a wifi capable device.
    07-20-08 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD