The trackball on my Pearl no longer works, due to a missing piece of bronze colored tape on the circuit board. I've had it replaced before, but would like to replace it myself.

Does anyone know what this is called and where I can get it?

Top one is missing part, bottom one isn't.
    01-04-09 03:07 PM
    You would have to google it and its called a static strap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 03:41 PM
    I tried that, but kept getting the wrist straps designed to eliminate static when working with circuit boards. Is there anything more specific that would help in the search?

Thanks for your help!
    01-08-09 06:49 PM
    Hmmm? Google: under the blackberry trackball

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 10:01 PM
    dont want to hijack the post but.. My berry is broken and Im so sad. I too lost that tape but the problem gets worse there is a metal disc under that tape that came out and its super duper tiny and I well I lost it.
    01-16-09 09:40 PM
    Some one knows if we can get this parts missing of (yellow/golden tape with the little mini cup welly curve over the internet and without having to buy a old device to get this piece at a big time, big price. I have exactly the same issue on my Bold.
    08-21-09 02:34 AM
    Some one knows if we can get this parts missing of (yellow/golden tape with the little mini cup welly curve over the internet and without having to buy a old device to get this piece at a big time, big price. I have exactly the same issue on my Bold.
    This is actually one of the hardest parts to find. Buying a broken device for the part is pretty much the only way to get a replacement.
    08-21-09 03:54 AM
    Yep, kaka is correct, you will never find one for sale. Try asking these guys:

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    08-21-09 04:45 AM
    I partially fix the clicking part with a regular tape and put the metal piece that I found close to a sensor. Now it wont act as a soft-select button. You have to be a man and press it rough. Is there a way to curve back this little metal piece. It's kinda hard because it is very thin and really small. If not, I'll deal with that until I sale it.
    08-21-09 12:47 PM
    I partially fix the clicking part with a regular tape and put the metal piece that I found close to a sensor. Now it wont act as a soft-select button. You have to be a man and press it rough. Is there a way to curve back this little metal piece. It's kinda hard because it is very thin and really small. If not, I'll deal with that until I sale it.
    Just an FYI, this part is now available - as of today - through GSM4World.us. Trackball Dome button keypad
    08-23-09 03:27 AM
    Thx for this information, it is really appreciated
    08-23-09 06:36 PM
    08-23-09 10:18 PM
    A little late 1 2 But thank you for another source to get them from.
    08-24-09 02:07 AM
    A little late 1 2 But thank you for another source to get them from.
    Actually, I provided the OP with a link for the part he needs at the cheapest price. So...no, it wasn't a little late.

You're welcome Adam.
    08-24-09 11:38 AM
    im glad i read this, mine is missing too. i still have no trackball for my blackberry...
    08-24-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD