Hi,

I unfortunately leaned against something hard yesterday at work and the pressure applied to my pocket destroyed my phone's clock display on the outside. I mean i'm still able to use it and everything but does anyone know if i can get a replacement lid screen for my flip? And how much it would be to purchase it?

Thanks,
    Ron
    09-16-09 12:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Ron. I have some bad news tho... It will be cheaper, and easier to replace the phone. Others might point you in the LCD replacement direction, but for the most part, external LCD's are too difficult to replace, and most, if not all reputable phone repair tech's will tell you to replace the phone.
    09-16-09 01:01 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Ron. I have some bad news tho... It will be cheaper, and easier to replace the phone. Others might point you in the LCD replacement direction, but for the most part, external LCD's are too difficult to replace, and most, if not all reputable phone repair tech's will tell you to replace the phone.
    How am I going best about purchasing a new phone then? I do have a running 3 year contract with Rogers on which 2 years are still to go. Can I still purchase a phone to a reduced price with them?
    Any clue? Or suggestion maybe?
    Thanks.
    Ron
    09-16-09 08:46 AM
    I'm with the other guys who say buy a new one.

But here is a link I found with parts:

Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 Cellphone Replacement Repair Parts Blackberry Cellphone Repair Parts

Looks like the external LCD is part of the $99.95 part. But you'd better be pretty good electronically (and at figuring out how to take it apart).

No insurance? I've historically avoided insurance, but that is when a replacement phone cost $100-200. Now that my BB's retail is $400, the $6 a month insurance makes more sense.
    09-16-09 09:16 AM
    you can also try CNN.cn. i got my housing and replacement from there. as well as a replacement screen.
    09-20-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD