Hi people im new here (just joined after getting a new 8120)

Heres my problem....

I was trying to set up the blackberry messenger/pin messaging.

I followed the set up guide and instead of getting the option to add contacts via pin/email it was just giving me the email option...

So i thought it may need re installing....

Deleted it and when i try to download the application direct from the blackberry site it tells me that i cant do it due to it being version 4.1?

Is there anywhere that i can get 4.3.0?

Anybody know if its tucked away on the cd that came with the phone?

Many thanks in advance for all your help!

Regards Leighton.
    06-15-08 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger is built into some of the newer devices. If your device does not come preloaded with BlackBerry Messenger, you can download it at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger through Internet Explorer or your BlackBerry Browser. You cannot download it through FireFox Browser.
    06-15-08 09:54 AM
    I hope this helps! To add a contact, first open BlackBerry Messenger. Click the track wheel/track ball to bring up the menu and select add contact. When you click on add contact, you will be brought to your address book to select the contact you want to add. Simply click on the contact and select request. If you do not have the contact in your address book, scroll to the top of the list and highlight 'use once'. When you click the wheel, you will be able to request by PIN or by email. Select the appropriate one based on what information you possess. You will be offered the option to personalize the message sent to the recipient before your request is sent.
    06-15-08 09:55 AM
    welcome looks like you got it.
    06-15-08 09:55 AM
    Yeah ive tried this but as i say it just throws some garbage at me saying that my handheld is incompatible with V 4.1 (presumably as it comes with 4.3) (that ive deleted) just need a source for v 4.3? You would have thought that RIM would have the latest support on there site for products that are currently on the market wouldnt you?
    06-15-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD