I just got a replacement Pearl 8130 because of some screen issues on my old one. With my previous Pearl I could hit the L key to switch the call from my handset to my car's bluetooth system and vice versa. With this new phone, which is identicle aside from possibly updated software, I have to exit the call screen, hit the menu key, scroll down to "Activate Handsfree" and select it. That's a lot of extra key strokes and it also requires me to actually look at my phone. This is a huge problem for me as I'm driving all day for work. Does anyone else ever have this problem? Was this shortcut common knowledge? With each pressing of the L key now the little blue triangle in the upper right hand corner flips back and forth, but doesn't switch the audio to the bluetooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jack
    10-31-08 04:31 PM
    tagged for future reference
    11-01-08 01:11 AM
    For some reason Rim actually bucked the trend of "later versions means better features" when it comes to this issue. I'm surprised no one has written an app that does this. I know I would pay for an app that did nothing more than toggle bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 06:40 PM
    I agree - I would totally pay to have this feature back on my phone. I can't believe they did away with it. I take that no one else knows a different shortcut?
    11-02-08 01:05 AM
    +1 for an App that can assign BT to a convenience key without the need for the menu.

I am also a rep on the road, jumping out of the car 100+ times a day. Now I have to scroll menu's to disconnect to the Handfree kit each time - ever tried to answer a call to discover your still connected to your Handfree Kit?! lol

(I miss my BB-pearl)
    11-07-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD