I was wondering if anybody here is any good with bluetooth earpieces since I am in the process of finding and buying a bluetooth for my 8100 I came across different acronyms for different bluetooth earpieces like HFP, A2DP, SPP, OBEX, etc... and I was wondering does it actually matterr or can I simply buy any bluetooth and sync it with my phone?

Thanks
    07-16-08 04:24 AM
    First - welcome to CB.

Second - I haven't found a bluetooth headset yet that doesn't work with an 8100. But there can always be a first time. However, I have had many different bluetooth headsets, but my favorite by far is the Jawbone II. Great sound and voice quality. But don't expect to be able to listen to music files through a bluetooth headset, unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to do that just yet.

Good luck.
    07-16-08 09:48 AM
    you can if you install a 3rd party media player app. This one will play any audio through all types of headsets even non stereo bluetooth. Dollars 5 Complete � multiPlay Personal edition for Blackberry 8800, 8300 and 8100
    07-16-08 07:06 PM
    Second - I haven't found a bluetooth headset yet that doesn't work with an 8100. But there can always be a first time.
    Hello to everybody, it's my first time on CB.
    I'm Afraid I have found or, maybe, I'm dummy
    My SBS headset, properly paired as Headset, works very strangely: when I push the heaset button, my BB, instead of asking me the command, directly dials last number
    can anyone help me??
    Thanks
    Last edited by tarani; 07-18-08 at 06:34 AM.
    07-18-08 06:31 AM
    I listen to music over bluetooth with my Motorola HT820 headset. even pauses the music when you get a call. Of course I am on a curve but should work on the pearl as well.
    07-18-08 06:58 AM
    Hello to everybody, it's my first time on CB.
    I'm Afraid I have found or, maybe, I'm dummy
    My SBS headset, properly paired as Headset, works very strangely: when I push the heaset button, my BB, instead of asking me the command, directly dials last number
    can anyone help me??
    Thanks
    the function of your BT headset varies by the headset, not the pearl itself. check the manual for your headset.

for example, on my headset, I have to push and hold the button for 2-3 sec then it asks for the voice command. once it does that, the voice recognition works great
    07-18-08 10:31 AM
    Anyone find a bluetooth that works with telenav?
    07-20-08 11:43 AM
    I listen to music over bluetooth with my Motorola HT820 headset. even pauses the music when you get a call. Of course I am on a curve but should work on the pearl as well.
    it will only work if the phone supports a2dp, if your phone doesn't like my 8100 use the media program i posted on this thread.
    07-20-08 02:12 PM
    the function of your BT headset varies by the headset, not the pearl itself. check the manual for your headset.

for example, on my headset, I have to push and hold the button for 2-3 sec then it asks for the voice command. Once it does that, the voice recognition works great
    The strange thing is that I have tried with 2 different headsets (one is Motorola HS820), and with both I get the same behaviour. both headsets, paired to other mobiles, behave well.
    Last edited by tarani; 07-23-08 at 05:29 AM.
    07-23-08 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD