Hello all,
    Well, I'm not sure if anyone here has ran into this issue yet, but the bluetooth option under Manage Connections no long will enable. I've had the phone since the beginning of February (so about 5 months) and just the other night this started to occur.

I tried several battery pulls, wiping the device, reloading the OS (.267), downgrading the OS to .180 but with no success on any of those. Bottom line, I called T-Mobile USA and told them everything that was attempted on my end to resolve the issue, they looked up in their system to see if this was a known issue for this phone (it is not - this is the first they've heard of it), and are sending me out a replacement 8220.

I'm happy they're sending me out a replacement but my thought is that what if this were to happen 5 or 6 months down the road and oops, I'm out of warranty - too bad, you have to buy a brand new phone = $$$.

So, if anyone has had this issue, were you able to resolve it without exchanging for a new phone? And if so, how did you go about doing so?

Thanks!
    06-01-09 04:59 PM
    Did you recently activate on your corporate network?
    06-01-09 05:05 PM
    I do not use this for a corporate account, this is strictly a personal phone and does not have internet access. All I have is the T-Mobile free BlackBerry feature enabler added to my account.
    06-01-09 05:08 PM
    Try going into the Bluetooth options (when it is disabled) and trying to add a device. It will force it to try and turn on.
    06-01-09 05:10 PM
    Once again - no dice. It's almost as if the bluetooth module is damaged and the phone's software can't turn it on. Also good idea to mention - this phone has never been dropped or seen any water damage, so it's not like it took a bad fall and knocked something loose inside.

I found some other forums (BlackBerry's official forums and T-Mobile USA's forums) and there others having this problem around the same time I'm having them. The only thing they were able to do is exchange the phone.
    06-01-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD