I know how to use filters to stop getting specific emails on my bb, but is there a way to block a specific phone# from calling? or a way to block a specific phone# from sending SMS texts to my bb? (Verizon/8130/v4.3.0.60)
    02-26-08 12:08 PM
    Amazing what searching can find.

Number Blocking...

How To Block PIN, SMS, MMS Messages
    Last edited by sunkast; 02-26-08 at 12:14 PM.
    02-26-08 12:12 PM
    I saw some stuff about blocking numbers and those apps;

first, my carrier (Verizon) doesn't do it;

With that 'black & whitelist' app, do you know if you can Just use the blacklist and let all other calls through? I don't want to make a list of everyone that Can call me just a few that I don't want to be able to..and I want calls to come through from a random #s so I don't want to do that 'only address book' setting either..

As far as SMS, I know about the general filters but I definitely don't want to stop all SMS! I just want to block SMS from a speicific phone #...?
    02-26-08 12:39 PM
    Ok I just downloaded & installed 'black & whitelist', it appears that its an either/either/or situation you can pick 1 of these three settings:

1. blacklist (all calls come through except numbers on the black list)
    2. white list (no calls come through except numbers on the white list)
    3. address book (no calls come through except if they are in your address book)

So I can block the calls from a specific # that way (although that software is $15 and I was hoping there was a free method..)

What about blocking SMS from a specific # though?
    02-26-08 12:48 PM
    Ok I just downloaded & installed 'black & whitelist', it appears that its an either/either/or situation you can pick 1 of these three settings:

1. blacklist (all calls come through except numbers on the black list)
    2. white list (no calls come through except numbers on the white list)
    3. address book (no calls come through except if they are in your address book)

So I can block the calls from a specific # that way (although that software is $15 and I was hoping there was a free method..)

What about blocking SMS from a specific # though?
    I tried this app and couldnt get it working..
    02-26-08 01:23 PM
    Its not explained very well on their website and the app isn't very pretty either, it works though...

So when u open the app it doesn't seem like you can do anything right? The trick is you add the names From your address book not in the app...

Go to your call log or address book, so the name you want to block or allow is highlighted, then press Menu >> Black & White list >> (then you have two checkboxes which are: 'add ____ to blacklist' or 'add ____ to whitelist')

Now open the app again, you will see the names listed for blacklist/whitelist.. as I explained above you need to choose 1 of the three options to be 'Active'; that change Is done in the app:

'Black & White List' >> Menu >> Change block rule >> (then choose one of the 3 options)

...any ideas for blocking an individual # for SMS guys???
    02-26-08 01:59 PM
    ok i tried this and its weird i did the black and white list and i test it i called it goes straight to the voicemail and second i'll see a missed call on my phone. I thought it will make a buzzing sound and hangs out from the caller. I also tried just black list. Still nothing changed.
    03-13-08 08:55 PM
    Its not explained very well on their website and the app isn't very pretty either, it works though...

So when u open the app it doesn't seem like you can do anything right? The trick is you add the names From your address book not in the app...

Go to your call log or address book, so the name you want to block or allow is highlighted, then press Menu >> Black & White list >> (then you have two checkboxes which are: 'add ____ to blacklist' or 'add ____ to whitelist')

Now open the app again, you will see the names listed for blacklist/whitelist.. as I explained above you need to choose 1 of the three options to be 'Active'; that change Is done in the app:

'Black & White List' >> Menu >> Change block rule >> (then choose one of the 3 options)

...any ideas for blocking an individual # for SMS guys???
    Is this a freeware program? i know it was posted above that its $15, but i thought i read in on of the links above that it doesnt cost anything.

its not working on my phone. from my phone log, when i'm on the number that i want to block, i press menu > 'black & white list', i get an error message: 'Warning! Unknown object type:null'

i tried installing OTA as well as downloading the zip file to my desktop.

i dont mind paying for it, i'm just wondering if i'm doing something wrong.

thanks
    dan
    03-19-08 11:11 PM
    Is this a freeware program? i know it was posted above that its $15, but i thought i read in on of the links above that it doesnt cost anything.

its not working on my phone. from my phone log, when i'm on the number that i want to block, i press menu > 'black & white list', i get an error message: 'Warning! Unknown object type:null'

i tried installing OTA as well as downloading the zip file to my desktop.

i dont mind paying for it, i'm just wondering if i'm doing something wrong.

thanks
    dan

When I went to download this it says "not compatible with 8130".. is this the case?
    03-20-08 09:39 AM
    well, i was able to DL it both ways (OTA & the zip file). it installs fine on my phone. i can open the app, it just wont let me add any number's to the list.
    03-20-08 10:59 AM
    well, i was able to DL it both ways (OTA & the zip file). it installs fine on my phone. i can open the app, it just wont let me add any number's to the list.
    I asked technical support at the software developer when a compatible version for the 8130 would be available and here is the response:

Yes, I plan to have compatible version for 8130 and 8703e.

I'll start working on 8130 and 8703e on May'08.

On April I'll focus on iCall full version. For development progress, please visit i,softwarelabs: A Call Screener blueprint for Blackberry phone.

Best regards,
    Soleil C.
    Customer, Technical support and All.

----------------------------------------
    i,softwarelabs: A Call Screener blueprint for Blackberry phone.

User manual and OTA download
    OTA download
    03-20-08 12:29 PM
    ok so i am confused. I DL b&W list but I too get this null warning, is this becuase it really is not compatible with my 8130?
    03-20-08 02:39 PM
    ok so i am confused. I DL b&W list but I too get this null warning, is this becuase it really is not compatible with my 8130?
    I believe that to be the case because the download page said so at the top
    03-20-08 02:46 PM
    I asked technical support at the software developer when a compatible version for the 8130 would be available and here is the response:

Yes, I plan to have compatible version for 8130 and 8703e.

I'll start working on 8130 and 8703e on May'08.

On April I'll focus on iCall full version. For development progress, please visit i,softwarelabs: A Call Screener blueprint for Blackberry phone.

thank you, i appreciate the help. i'll keep an eye out for it.

dan
    03-20-08 03:08 PM
    Regarding the "Black & White List" program...does anyone know if there is a way to have the "Blacklisted" calls NOT go to voice mail? But just be disconnected alltogether? I don't want to get their VM's either!!! Thanks!
    03-25-08 03:13 PM
    Suzy, I would love that option too. I want them blocked period or at least let them hear a busy tone. Maybe an update coming?

To everyone getting the "'Warning! Unknown object type:null" error here is the solution:
    When trying to block the number from the "Call Log" it doesn't work. You need to go you your "Messages" (Mailbox Icon) and look at the call history there. Click on the number and select "Black & White List and it will work. It's probably a programming error they hopefully fix in the next release.
    05-09-08 01:13 PM
    so cool thanks
    05-23-08 04:33 AM
    coolskierguy

there is a way to block SMS from specific numebrs (@ emails from persons who know how to text from their email acct) with verizon...
    go to verizon site and my acct....go to text messaging, go to preferences and the second or third option from the bottom is text blocking...add away...you can block up to 15 numbers/emails

NOTHING gets through!!!!!!! (I have an uncontrollbale ex who is finally denegrated to "might as well text/email all I want since you dumped me, what worse can you do", so i receive 20 to40 plus texts per day...or I did before i searched high and low for a way to block them... now i receive ABSOLUTELY nothing from him)

Good luck
    05-27-08 11:41 PM
    coolskierguy

there is a way to block SMS from specific numebrs (@ emails from persons who know how to text from their email acct) with verizon...
    go to verizon site and my acct....go to text messaging, go to preferences and the second or third option from the bottom is text blocking...add away...you can block up to 15 numbers/emails

NOTHING gets through!!!!!!! (I have an uncontrollbale ex who is finally denegrated to "might as well text/email all I want since you dumped me, what worse can you do", so i receive 20 to40 plus texts per day...or I did before i searched high and low for a way to block them... now i receive ABSOLUTELY nothing from him)

Good luck
    I have AT&T how can I do that?
    05-28-08 09:43 AM
    I got a free phone number from grandcentral (now owned by google) and just give that number out instead of by bb phone number. You can set it up to forwared calls to your bb & only answer it if you recognize it. Of course, if you have already gave out your bb number - its kinda pointless.
    10-17-08 11:50 PM
    Thanks Angel!!! at last no more crazy texts from my x girlfriend!
    12-16-08 11:15 AM
    The only way to stop a phone from getting through and having just a busy signal is from the switch. So unless you can get your phone company to do it. Its just not going to happen, no program you download to the phone will do this, that's just not how phone systems work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 06:32 AM
    I did like angel_esq said, that one is really working great! blocking call I dont find blackberry itself has any good way to do that, but I tried couples of block softwares, some of them work fine, probably u can take a look at it. I know they can do pickup and hangup to avoid sending calls to VM, but it will cost money.If you are ok with that, this will work. So far what I am using is simtak call filter, it works great on mine tho,plus cheaper.
    10-16-09 01:12 PM
    I know how to use filters to stop getting specific emails on my bb, but is there a way to block a specific phone# from calling? or a way to block a specific phone# from sending SMS texts to my bb? (Verizon/8130/v4.3.0.60)
    How to Block SMS from specific number?
    04-18-10 09:55 PM
    I have been using Block calls for blocking unwanted calls on my BB curve its working great with my BB.I would suggest you to try this wonderful call blocking app for your Blackberry.
    pepper dot pk/detail-34-1
    06-22-10 05:00 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD